Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending Sunday 14th October

Please post any results before 7pm today. Pictures can be emailed to membership@nhrr.org.uk.

Thanks

Phil

Re: Press report for week ending Sunday 14th October

Hi! I (Helen Marson-Smith) did my first 10k this morning at Hatfield House, finishing in 1.08.29. Lindsey Lucas was there as well, completing in 1.17.38.

We also saw Jillian and her dog Lulu who were taking part - afraid I don't know their finishing time.

I took part in the Hatfield House 10k and canicrossed with my pooch Lulu. It was her first ever race and she was a little superstar. We finished 2nd canicross with a chip time of 52.47. It was a lovely course around the grounds of Hatfield park in the relentless rain, but was lots of fun! Great to see some other squirrels there too!

I will email a couple of pictures across.

Enfield Race Walking League

Enfield Race Walking League 5 Mile
Saturday 13th October
Picketts Lock

Unseasonably warm and windy on quiet roads by the sports centre

1st 40:37

Dave

Hi Helen and Lindsey - Jillian has sent me a picture of all of your - are you happy for me to use that?

Phil

The Perkins Great Eastern Run half marathon was held today in Peterborough.

The weather was the mirror opposite of last year. And how the heavens opened with lashings of heavy rain, some more heavy rain and a little bit of wind just for a laugh.

Everyone was soaked before we even started.
The rain did let up in the 2nd half, not that it mattered to the legions of runners squelching up the road.

The local support was great (as always), even more inspirational given the weather. so I had to give lots of waves and thumbs up to the young & old who stood in the rain to cheer us on.

Grateful too for the support of our coaches who were cheering everyone on in the town centre.
My form might have looked ok at mile 1 :grinning:

I saw 2 other nhrr runners at the start but none in the actual race.

James Drew , POS 580 , chip time 1:38:09 , gun time 1:39:51

A minute slower than last year but given my training (or lack of it) & the weather i’m quite happy with that time.

J

Yes quite happy. I nearly pulled out when I woke to the rain this morning. I thought having to keep my hearing aids dry would make a valid excuse but realised that would be letting my disability win!

Hi Phil, yes I'm happy for the photo to be used.

Lucy o’Connor and Miranda Morgan ran the challenging Ridgeway 15km Trail Run in the scenic Chilterns Hills. The course gradually ascends into the Ashridge Estate, past the Bridgewater Monument, takes in a stretch of the famous Ridgeway path and Pitstone Hill before descending back along quiet paths into Tring and finishing at the Cricket Club. Despite the drenching rain, glorious & slippery mud, dodging rabbit holes and those HILLS we both thoroughly enjoyed it. Lucy crossed the finish line in 1:26:23 (4th VF55) and Miranda in 1:40:20 (12th VF55). This was very good practice for cross country!

I ran Manchester Half this morning in 1:15.40, great (flat) course, really good support throughout. I'm happy with my run, but would have loved to have finished it 41 seconds sooner. Next time!

Ran my first full race today since my accident last year. I ran the royal parks half marathon in the pouring rain. I was expecting to finish in 3 hours, was hoping to finish in 2:45 but actually finished in 2:30:26 and a negative splt!! I have so far raised over £1000 for Alzheimer's Research. #Trustyourtraining.

Perkins Great Eastern Half Marathon

Andrew Leach 1:11:59 25th (1st MV50)
Darren Sunter 1:13:25 30th
Adam Bowller 1:13:26 31st
Matthew Sayers 1:16:13 69th (8th MV40)
Stewart Overton 1:18:57 92nd
John Rayner 1:23:40 144th
Lee Hayes 1:27:46 233rd (16th MV50)
Niccol Bassani 1:32:07 362nd
Martin Annetts 1:35:02 451st (35th MV50)
John Auld 1:36:00 466th
Suzy Trott 1:37:45 533 (5th FV40)
James Drew 1:38:09 580 (96th MV40)
Luke Callan 1:55:28 1368 (216th MV40)

Sorry, my only quote I have is I wish I’d stopped in bed...

However it was fantastic to see team mates deliver, and made the trip worth while seeing the results of others. Really enjoyed the road trip and the team spirit. Some fantastic performances today :+1:

Great support from Karen and Pete as it was a horrible day to spectate. Very much appreciated by all.

That was a pb fot me by 2.58, thrilled with that, it's been a fantastic year of running. Big thanks to Karen & Pete for turning up to support in awful weather, everyone else who ran & Darren Sunter for dragging me round the last 3 miles

Pete and I spectated a very wet Perkins Great Eastern Half Marathon which ran through the centre of Peterborough. A competitive race incorporating area champs, although a northern athlete crossed the line 1st the East smashed the team competition. There were also service athletes running and a former squirrel, Emily Hutchison was 5th in the ladies race in 1.22 running for the RAF. Stunning performances by a scurry of squirrels saw Andrew Leach finishing in 25th in a new V50 CR of 71.59!! He was followed by Darren Sumter in 30th with a London Championship qualifying time of 73.25 and a PB and Adam Bowller was just 1s behind in 31st with 73.26. Also setting a PB in 69th was Matt Sayers stopping the clock at 76.13. Stewart Overton again smashed the 80 min barrier with 78.57 and John Rayner ran 83.40. V50 Lee Hayes set a PB of 87.46 followed by Nicola Bassini 92.07, Martyn Annetts 95.02, John Auld 96.00, Suzy Trott 97.45, James Drew 1.38.09 and Luke Callan 1.56.28. Chris Pooleeas also running and may have finished in 1.49.20 but there is no club recorded against his name. Congratulations to everyone who completed 13.1M in the pouring rain, you all ran superbly!

When I woke up this morning I thought something along the lines of 'what a perfect day for doing anything but running'... feeling well confirmed whilst I was waiting in the line for the baggage drop. Not sure what happened when the race started though, managed to run a fastest second half somehow, well beyond my expectations. Super-happy with my time, a seasonal PB and my 3rd fastest half-marathon ever.

Loads of squirrels around as well, we did smash the road indeed!

Only fitting in true Northern Weather I put together my best performance of the year - lovely conditions! Great team of runners out from NHRR - well done to all. 👍

I also ran Manchester half marathon and surprised myself by finishing in 2:13:53, my best half time for a couple of years. After doing lots of cycling and swimming this summer and not much running I really didn't feel very confident Nd was expecting around 2:30 but once I got going I felt strong, despite it being very wet.

Pleased but tired!

Tom Webb finished 8th overall at the ITU World Championship qualifying event for the Standard Distance Duathlon at Bedford Autodrome. Tom finished the 10k run, 40k bike and 5k Run in 1:56:29 and has qualified for the world championships in Spain in 2019.

Sorry, looks like John and I were typing at the same time.

There’s a great picture here of Darren and Adam celebrating the finish. I think this sums up the spirit of the whole team.

Big thanks to Karen and Pete for coming out to support and my team mates at NHRR! The actual race was great, soon warmed up and plenty of hydration from the sky!

A great way to finish my road race season, bring on the cross country!