Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A big thank you to you all

Dear All,

I apologise in advance if you find the following note upsetting, however, I wanted to share something with you all to thank you for all your hard work raising valuable funds through our events.

This years Greenway Challenge money went to Garden House Hospice Care. The hospice bought very much needed gardening equipment to help maintain the beautiful gardens. They also bought two Z beds. These beds allow the family of the patients to keep them company overnight.

Last Thursday a very poorly lady passed away at the Hospice. As she approached the end she had her family around her. One of these beds was used to enable her children to cuddle up to her, to say goodbye. It was a very moving moment but one that they will remember forever. I am told this would not have been possible without the bed you all helped buy.

Thank you.

Richard

Re: A big thank you to you all

So very very sad having worked with end of life this though is reassuring to hear more funds need to be raised though and regularly its very close to my heart I will try to do something to raise money again when I do my London landmarks half marathon next year x

Hayley,

Thank you.

Richard

Thank you for sharing this Richard. I know from experience that hospices are truly wonderful places which offer peace and support at the most difficult times.They enable families to be together right to the end - just when every last second counts. I am delighted we raised money for something so worthwhile, which will benefit so many.

I am immensely proud to be a member of a club which is not only welcoming and friendly, but also does fantastic work to support the community.

Thanks again for sharing. It is good to hear that our support is already making a difference.