Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on ThreeCountiesXC league - numbers arriving soon

Three Counties XC Website

If you have any questions please ask me.

Last season

First I just wanted to remind ourselves how great we did last year. We won the league in the combined overall competition :trophy: . We finished runners up in both the men and ladies competitions. :sports_medal:

Participation last year was 74 runners. 10 of which ran all 5 races.

We were all fantastic!

Challenge

I would like to challenge everybody to run at least one more race this year than last year.
If you ran 0 last year, why not try running 1?
if you ran any last year, why not try and attend one more than last year?
If you ran last year and it wasn’t for you, fair enough. Well done for having a go.
If you don’t want to run, we need a couple of helpers too to record the results over the line and always need people cheering too. Cow bells available here

I also think that we can win every competition this year. :+1:

Dates

Here are the dates for this year, note that Wellingborough is not the first fixture - this is deliberate. Wellingborough has a stream to cross twice, and the theory is to ease people into the XC season a little bit. I.e. give them a warm up race. The warm up race is Dunstable, which is a lovely lollipop course that is only 8km and predominantly downhill for 5km. :wink: I will post more details regarding each race before the events.

4th Nov 2018 - Dunstable Road Runners
25th Nov 2018 - Wellingborough & District Athletics Club
16th Dec 2018 - North Herts Road Runners
13th Jan 2019 - Ampthill & Flitwick Flyers
27th Jan 2019 - Wootton Road Runners

Ampthill trophy

The Ampthill trophy is this weekend. It is a one off race that is not part of the league. You can still enter. It is a good warm up to the cross country season. This year, Ampthill & Flitwick are hosting a league race and it is likely to be in Ampthill Park - so even more reason to get some practice in.

Numbers

I will be collecting the numbers from the league rep at Ampthill Park this weekend. I will be giving these out on the Tuesday/Thursday of the following weeks. Please aim to collect your number these weeks. I will also have them with me on race days, but remember to arrive with plenty of time, especially if you need to collect your number from me. If you aim to run any of the races, please collect your number from me.
Similar to the Midweek League, your number is the same for every race. Keep this for the whole season (5 league races). Please do not throw it away and please keep it safe.
Incidentally, this year everybody will have the same number as last year where applicable, as somebody who shall remain nameless, ran in their number from the previous year and this caused confusion. :smiley:

Re: Update on ThreeCountiesXC league - numbers arriving soon

I will be at the club tomorrow at 6:55. Please try and arrive early to collect your XC number.

Just to warn you, I wrote all of the names on the numbers last night, and then this morning the league sent my registration list back with everything re-ordered... so I’ve had to rub out all the names and re write the new names on them. So you may be able to see somebody else's name on there too... it’s nothing to worry about.

This also means that the numbers are not the same as last year. So please don’t run in last year’s number!

oh no!

Oh blimey John - what a pain! I used to do that with the MWL numbers and it would have been a massive nuisance to have to change them all ....:anguished:

Thank you to everybody who has picked up their number so far, 62 enthusiastic faces have collected theirs so far! :grinning:

I’ll be at the :chipmunk: Squirella building again Tuesday / Thursday next week, race week! :raised_hands:

I’ll have the numbers at Dunstable too but please try and collect it before.

If you are a member then Three Counties Cross Country is free! You just need to collect your number. Don’t forget there is a free tea/coffee sandwich and cake afterwards! :cake: :coffee:

Reminder that you also need a NHRR vest to race in. If you haven’t got one please contact the Club Kit Secretary

#TeamNHRR
#FreeCake
#DFYM

Hi John can you tell me a little more about race 1 what difficulty is it what distance hilly? I really want to guve it a go but want to also not embarrass myself!

'Squirella building' :joy: :joy: :joy:

Hayley - it'll be shorter than Ampthill and not as hard :wink:

Can I see last years resukts anywhere so I can see what time people finished

The website is here but I don't know if there are times on there.

From memory this is a great course but fairly hilly (different kind of hills to Ampthill though). It can be slippy but I don't think we usually race it until later on in the season when there's been a bit more rain.

The race info says:
The course winds its way through the undulating countryside known locally as Green Lanes, Tottenhoe Knolls and the Maidenbower.
The 1 lap course of approximately 5 miles is a mixture of bridalways and footpaths and are mostly grass with several short Stoney or gravel sections.
The course route is usually quite muddy.

Hayley, the cross country isn’t timed. It’s all about position. The results are on 3cxc Website I mention above.

As a guide, last year I did it in 31:41 and I did the Great North Run (half marathon) 2 months earlier at a slightly faster pace.

Dunstable is predominantly down hill and the terrain will not be too bad this early in the year. It goes round a quarry and one field at the start is a bit think in clay. However it should be fairly dry this time.

However, what goes down - must come up! It does have a very steep hill in the 2 last miles. Plenty of people walk up the last part, which does kick up.

It’s only 5 miles in total.

Dunstable route

As Linda says, I think you’ll find it easier than Amptill Trophy. But save something for the last 2 miles...

it took me around an hour last year.

Ok I'll come along why not if I'm last just save me some coffee 😊 and ill also ensure I'm not fuelled with prosecco and gin lol

I will be at the Squirella building again tonight with the numbers.

I’ll have safety pins too if you need to pin it to yourself during training.

Please collect your number. :pray:

Unfortunately I won’t be at the club again on Thursday as I’m away with work.