Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 21 Oct

Hi,

Please post race reports below. Please include full names. Anything quotable is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: Press report for week ending 21 Oct

There were four squirrels running at the Cambridge Town and Gown 10k today. This was a charity race for Muscular Dystrophy UK with a field of just over 2000 runners. The course packed in a lot of the Cambridge sights including The Backs, the historic centre, Jesus green and midsummer common, and a section alongside the Cam towards Stourbridge common. Conditions were perfect - sunny but cool and the route was very flat and fast. This certainly helped me to a time that was maybe slightly flattering but nevertheless a new PB.

Chip times and positions were:

James Keogh, Position 49, 00:38:02
James Drew, Position 277, 00:43:39
Sophie Thrussell, Position 298, 00:45:44
Vanessa Rolfe, Position 1439, 01:02:04

Note to self don't drink prosecco and gin the night before a challenging 10k cross country in Ampthill...
Myself Hayley cocks had signed up to do the race series this was the last one meaning I would get an extra special medal so I had to find it in me to do it.
Lastnight was a celebration with family and friends for my 40th birthday yep I drank a little too much for what I was planning on doing today lol I woke with a fuzzy head feeling a bit delicate but I went along and did it can't say it was fast or pretty but I completed it nether the less in a very sombre time of 124.25! To be fair I dont think it would have been any quicker without the prosecco and gin because it was like climbing mount everest.
All I could think about was the bacon sausage egg roll I was going to make after low carb usually hmmm not today glad I went got my medals but dint think ill be repeating the experience lol.
Stuart cocks ran it in 51.13 tough old course so quite pleased with my time!

There were several of us at Ampthill Trophy today - 10k of (very) undulating trail running around Ampthill Park. Beautiful day for it, and a really lovely location, but those hills don't get any easier! I can't find any results yet, but my finishing time was 58:18 - I'm very happy with that as it's almost 2 mins faster than last year. No trophies for the Squirrels this time, but great efforts all round on a challenging course.

Today was my second attempt at the Ampthill Trophy 10k and my first since joining NHRR. For some reason my brain failed to remember just how tough this course was with literally not one flat section – and that coupled with the totally unexpected heat and glaring sun made it even more of a challenge! But I still thoroughly enjoyed it and was very pleased with myself for gaining a new course PB of 56.21, nearly 5 mins quicker than last year!

There was a very good turnout of squirrels at this event and I have a great pre-race team photo that I can send on if you could confirm the email address please?

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry, email address is price.edward7@gmail.com

Thanks,

Ed

Today I ran the Great South Run in Portsmouth I think this was my first race this year- I’ve been struggling with heart related thyroid problems so just wanted to see how much I could push it (whilst trying toenjoy it)! It was a beautiful day for running on the coast and there was loads of support. I finished in 1:12:56. Not my best but still very enjoyable!

Well done everybody. :+1:

Great to hear people enjoyed the Amptill Trophy. Sorry I was unable to make it.

Nice to see Helen running again. We’ve all missed you.

Sorry for delay in posting! Had a great morning at Ampthill this morning. The mayor of Ampthill said at the start ‘you’re lucky it wasn’t last week or you would have been swimming around the course’! It was a stunning day and a lovely place to run. The marshalling was fantastic and encouraging the runners all the way round.

On a personal level I’m happy with knocking 2 minutes off my time from last year. Hats off to Darren M for blowing away his post holiday cobwebs, Lee Hayes and David Weston for knocking 5 minutes off their 2017 times and Vince Wright for also beating his previous time.

The men’s team came in 3rd (Lee, Darren and me). Ampthill were 1st and 2nd so all nicely set for the cross country season ahead!

Thank you John! I’m hoping to start back at club training in December :-)