Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC league. Event 1/5. Dunstable. 4th Nov

It’s race week! :raised_hands:

Please find below the details regarding the first race.

There is also a Strava event with the course on here. If your on Strava, and you’re attending, please visit the page and click I’m in!

Please post below to arrange lift shares. :car:

There are reports of Bedford bringing 70+ runners, so let’s do our best to buddy each of them up with a Squirrel 🐿 (in front of each).

Please can I have a couple of volunteers to complete the score sheet too?

#TeamNHRR
#FreeCake
#DefendingChampions
#DFYM
#MudSweatTears

Host Club: Dunstable Road Runners Club
Date: Sunday 4th November 2018
Time: 10:30 a.m.

Location: Creasey Park Community Football Centre, Creasey Park Drive, Dunstable, Bedfordshire (01582 667555)

Postcode for Sat. Nav.: LU6 1BB

Directions: Race HQ

Parking

• Race parking for 203 cars is situated a short two minute walk away from the race HQ at the Central Bedfordshire Council Offices Car Park.

• Access to the car parks is made via North Station Way.

• We will have Marshall's on duty to assist you in finding a space.

• We urge you all to try and lift/car share on the day.

• In the event that the council car park becomes full, alternative on street parking can be found close to the HQ or at the race HQ but this can become very busy on most Sunday mornings with the local footballers using CPCFC HQ.

Facilities:

• The Race HQ is a modern facility which offers us plenty of men's and ladies toilets and changing/ shower facilities.

• Please be aware though that there are no toilet facilities at the start of the race.

• Toilets and changing facilities will be sign indicated at Race HQ.

• After the race, rolls, cake and hot drinks will be available in our marquee.

• There will also be a pay bar available for those who require something stronger to drink.

• PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE OUTSIDE SHOES, XC STUDS OR SPIKES TO BE WORN IN THE FACILITY/CLUB.

Runners notes/Course:

• Please note the race start is 10-15 minute walk (0.6 miles) from the Race HQ.

• The course winds its way through the undulating countryside known locally as Green Lanes, Tottenhoe Knolls and the Maidenbower.

• The 1 lap course of approximately 5 miles is a mixture of bridalways and footpaths and are mostly grass with several short Stoney or gravel sections.

• The course route is usually quite muddy.

• The course map will be available on the day.

• Please also be aware that whilst the course will be marshalled and the local community notified beforehand of the race, the general public will still have free access to this area on the day and the area is a popular spot with dog walkers, ramblers and horseriders.

• Please remember as runners that we do not have exclusive use of this course on the day.

• NOTE for the walk to the race start will be on normal footpath/road - please use appropriate footwear.

• The route to the start will be clearly sign indicated.

Re: Three Counties XC league. Event 1/5. Dunstable. 4th Nov

Really enjoyed this course last season, i thought it was the best one we ran. Can't wait to get back & begin our title defence!

Just got some additional reminder points through from the league...

Important points for the season
Please ensure your runners are aware of these:

• The race numbers will have emergency contact details on the reverse which you must ensure are filled out.

• Your participation in the 3Counties XC League is entirely at your own risk

• Headphones must not be worn

• You must retain your race number for the whole season

• You must run in your official club kit. It must be visible for the whole race.

Rules update

• The full rules are on the website. One exciting change is that we are no longer restricted to having only one ‘second claim’ runner scoring for the team. So for all our guest runners, go for it!

• The other is that we no longer have to have so many Vets scoring, it’s really is as simple as the first 8 men, first 4 ladies. Please ensure the scoring sheets you hand in reflect this.

• It was also agreed at the committee meeting that if a runner runs under an incorrect number, or without correct kit, they will not score. Please ensure your runners are aware and you all accept this. The fallout of runners taking another number for the day and expecting the league to replay the results is unreasonable. It delays results on the day and causes unnecessary work. Looking up a number and hand writing a new one is the work of seconds whilst untangling poor results takes hours. Thank you for your understanding and acceptance of this.

Hills make us stronger! Bringing my support team for this one πŸ˜€

I'd like to go and would like a lift if possible...... as Stu not able to attend this one he had already signed up for Stevenage Half

Looking forward to rolling round this....

I’m going straight from London so can’t lift share I’m afraid. As i was unable to run any last season I will of completed John’s Challenge from the previous post. Thanks for organising John, looking forward to it πŸƒ‍♂️πŸƒ‍♂️🐾🐾🐾

I hope to be running this, but even if I'm not I will still be driving there and can take three passengers, leaving from Hitchin - post on here if you want a lift.

Linda - a lift would be great and I can drive next time?

Hayley - I can give you a lift.

Two more seats available....

I am in and looking forward to it.... some kind of little hill in the middle I seem to remember ? Anyway John, thanks for organising and where are my XX shoes?

XC !

Thankyou James w for the very kind offer unfortunately I've been asked to be on call all weekend to cover someone which means having to stay close by so I'll have to miss this one πŸ˜”

Linda, can I join u too please. I can drive us to another race.

Pete and I are looking forward to it:)

Lindsay and Paul - you're in. Paul - are you able to get to mine? Lindsay I can pick you up at the usual place.

Hi Linda. If you still have a space could I get a lift to the XC please. I'm in Hitchin. Thanks Russ.

UPDATE

Please note that the course will be run in reverse this year due to fear of congestion at early pinch point.

yes I can Linda, just let me know a time.
thanks

Russ - whereabouts in Hitchin are you?

Really looking forward to this one!
I'm seeing family for lunch locally afterwards, so would only be able to offer a one-way lift unfortunately – which I'm sure isn't much use to anyone!

#bringonthemud

I'm on Gosmore Road not very far from the Three Moorhens roundabout on A602. Happy to trot to a convenient pick up if it helps.

That's fine Russ - I can pick you up at the Moorhens car park if that's ok? Picking Lindsay up just down the road from there anyway.

Paul - would you be able to pick Joy up and bring her over to mine as she is coming with us?

Paul and Joy - I'd suggest leaving from mine at 8.40am, then we can pick up Lindsay at about 8.45 at the mini roundabout at the top of Bridge Street, then pick Russ up at the Moorhens.

Is this ok for everyone?

My mobile no. is 0 7 8 6 0 8 8 9 4 8 2 (without the gaps, obvs. :wink: )

John, when they say run in reverse that's not clear to me as I've run it both ways in the past! I asked on FB and the response was ambiguous - do they mean same as last year?

Yes thats perfect thanks. See you then

Brian J
John, when they say run in reverse that's not clear to me as I've run it both ways in the past! I asked on FB and the response was ambiguous - do they mean same as last year?
Clockwise. Opposite way round to last year, so straight up and down the big hill first.

That right turn to go round anti-clockwise is the pinch point.

Is there a spare seat from letchworth at all pls?

James W - could I have a space in your car, if there is still one going? Thanks.

John A (Cross Country Rep)
Brian J
John, when they say run in reverse that\\\'s not clear to me as I\\\'ve run it both ways in the past! I asked on FB and the response was ambiguous - do they mean same as last year?
Clockwise. Opposite way round to last year, so straight up and down the big hill first.

That right turn to go round anti-clockwise is the pinch point.
So the heartbreak hill is near the beginning and not near the end?

Lindsay, yes. Also last year, you went down the really steep hill in the quarry (at the 2k point on the map but is now near the end) and I had to apply the brakes. Now you go up it you can benefit from all the downhill bits elsewhere so it makes it a bit 'easier' (sort of!) overall

Rob - yes. Will pick you up at yours at 8.30. Then we'll collect Clare Hooley and James Keogh.

James D - looks like my car is full, but I would squeeze you in if you are still short of a lift by this evening. I'll check back here around 8.30pm.

Excellent - thanks James W!

I’m sorted for transport now
Have arranged use of the car.
J

Ok James D - see you there.

Are there any car lifts spare? , apologies for late post.

I have 3 spaces Dan
Was planning to leave letchworth @9
Where do you want picking up?

Happy to be picked up from club if that okay?

No problem
Will be at club @ 9
Green Golf Estate

Okay cheers