Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC league. Event 2/5. Wellingbrough. 25th Nov

We're nearly into another race week! :raised_hands:

Lets keep the momentum going!

Hope to see another fantastic turn out of Squirrels at Wellingborough. If you don't fancy negotiating the brook, we still need helpers and a cheer squad. :clap:

Please find below the details regarding the first race.

Do note the change of Race HQ - this is due to the change of date conflicting with another event at the normal HQ.

There is also a Strava event with the course on here. If your on Strava, and you’re attending, please visit the page and click I’m in!

Please post below to arrange lift shares. :car:

Please can I have a couple of volunteers to complete the score sheet too? :writing_hand:

#TeamNHRR
#FreeCake
#DefendingChampions
#DFYM
#MudSweatTears
#KeepPushing
#BringSomeExtraDrySocks

Host Club: Wellingborough & District A.C.

Date: Sunday 25th November 2018

Time: 10:30 a.m.

Postcode for Sat. Nav.: Postcode: For race HQ: NN8 2JJ, for Croyland Park (start/finish): NN8 2EN

Directions: Race HQ

Runners Notes

• The Race HQ is at Wrenn School, Doddington Road, Wellingborough, NN8 2JJ. Please note the change of HQ.

• Refreshments available after the race in the HQ.

• Parking is limited at the Race HQ so please be aware of alternative parking. We recommend the residential streets off Croyland Road or Kingsway or the Swanspool Centre (free multi storey)

• A limited amount of disabled parking is available near to the start/finish in the public car park on Kingsway, Wellingborough

• The race start is a 15 minute walk on pavement from the HQ so allow plenty of time to reach the start. To get to the start/finish, come out of the School, turn left and walk to the corner of the junction. Turn left and follow the road (Croyland Road) down the hill to reach the park. Turn left into the park and walk through the park to reach the HQ. There will be marshals on hand to direct you.

• There are limited toilets in the HQ. There will be portaloos at the start of the race.

• No dirty footwear at any time allowed inside the HQ

• There are no changing facilities inside the HQ however the changing facilities and toilets in Croyland Park will be open. These are about 2 minutes from the race start.

• W&DAC gazebo will be up at the race start (weather permitting) as an unofficial bag store. Any baggage left here is left entirely at the owners risk and W&DAC accept no responsibility in respect of the same.

Course:

• The start & finish are 15 min walk from the HQ.

• The first lap is here here

• The second lap is here

• The total course is 8.32km (5.17 miles) - Spikes are recommended although please note the walk on pavement to reach the start/finish

Re: Three Counties XC league. Event 2/5. Wellingbrough. 25th Nov

Is anyone able to look after two well behaved children (5&8) whilst I race?

Race week is well underway now! Please read the details above RE the new race HQ. :raised_hands:

If anybody doesn’t fancy running and wants to support the team by cheering and or helping then please let me know. :pray:

Wellingborough is great place for spectators as it’s very loopy. The runners are never too far away from you.

Also the water feature is great fun for both spectators and runners. :grinning:

If anybody can please watch Johns children, then this would be a massive help to the team too. I’m sure it won’t take too much effort as the water feature provides plenty entertainment in its self. :+1:

We also need some help with the he scoring collection. I can provide training in the morning, it’s not difficult, but helps the team too. It’s a great way to learn peoples names too. :hugging_face:

Also spectators have great opportunity to show off our fabulous team kit!

#TeamNHRR

Pete is happy to look after John’s children to allow John to run:)

I hope to pop along and am happy to help rather than run...

Hi John,

Katie and I will be there to help wherever you want us. Happy to take results if that would fit.

D

I am happy to drive from Letchworth. Who wants a lift?

Will be giving James W a lift. Have room for two more.