Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why aye Squirrels!

I've mentioned The Northumberland Coastal Run to a few people, and there was quite a bit of interest in maybe doing this as a social club trip for next summer.

It takes place on Sunday 21st July 2019, and is a mostly off-road run of approximately 14 miles - the distance is not exact as the route is subject to the state of the tide! It starts at Beadnell and continues down the coast to finish on the beach at Alnmouth. It's a beautiful route, passing the dramatic ruins of Dunstanburgh Castle on the way. Here's a link to Alnwick Harriers website which tells you more about the event:

http://www.alnwickharriers.co.uk/?page_id=103

It's a friendly event, and whilst plenty of people do race it, there is no pressure to do so and many participants just enjoy it as a pleasant, social run in some lovely scenery.

I'm going to sign up as soon as entries open (due to open this month, although not apparently open yet.) I believe it does fill up quite quickly, so if you do want to do it, make sure you sign up as soon as entries open - I'll try to keep an eye on this and give a heads-up once I spot that entries have opened.

Yes, it's a long way to go, but I promise you it will be worth it. It's not a bad drive, and the train journey is really lovely. I will probably make it part of a longer break up in a beautiful, historical part of the oountry - lots to see and do in that part of the world! I think people will need to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements, but it would probably be worth checking out local YHA accommodation if you want to go with a group.

If you're not yet sure you could run that far, you have seven months to work up to the distance - and what a goal to aim for!

Just don't run it in your best new, shiny trainers - the salt water might not be very good for them ....:wink:

Post on here if you think you might be interested in doing this one.

Re: Why aye Squirrels!

sound great I think I will give it a go

I think you will love it Babs!

Check it out folks - I know there are lots of you that would love this one ...

2 interested, waiting confirmation from Helen 😊 sounds great, will take the camper

That's a great idea Harbons - ideal camper road trip!

I AM SO UP FOR THIS!! Count me in πŸ˜„

What a great idea Linda x

Ooh and Matt would love to join the gang too!

Bring on the salty water!!

Me tooπŸ˜ƒ

Yes I think I might go for this!

I'll talk to the boss and see what she says. Love that part of the world!

very tempted!

It’s a yes from me although 14M may have to include some walking as I’m no supposed to run that far:)