Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
#RunAndTalk - get involved!

As many of you are aware NHRR are now a registered England Athletics #RunAndTalk club, this a campaign supported by Mind, the Mental Health charity, to improve mental wellbeing through running. I am the club’s appointed Mental Health Champion and have been trained as a Mental Health First Aider for this role, but currently I am a team of one and would love to get more people involved!

We have already had 3 successful #RunAndTalk events, and aim to continue with an event every month. For our monthly events we need people who would be able to help with things such as: Tea and coffee serving...Chatting to new people...Behind the scenes arranging/support...Volunteer people to talk/share their own stories...the list goes on. We also have bigger plans for the future once we have a team and a second Mental Health Champion to support this.

Thank you to those that have already support the events, I couldn’t have done it without you wonderful people.

If you would like to get involved in #RunAndTalk (in any way) please post below or talk to me at club, we will be having our first meeting in mid January! - if you don’t know who I am ask any committee member to point me out :)

Thanks!

Naomi

Re: #RunAndTalk - get involved!

Count me in Naomi - I'd like to be involved.

I would also like to be involved

Hi
I would like to be involved too. Due to other commitments I can’t get to club run on a Thursday till 7.30 but I don’t think that will be a problem 🏃‍♀️🌱🧘🏻‍♀️🌱

Hi Naomi I would like to help in some way.

Naomi. I'd like to help out

I would like to help

I'd be happy to help out. As a mum with young children, I find running invaluable to give me some "adult time" and grown up conversation! I think this has been vital for my mental health.