Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
320 runs...

This year, inspired by my sister who ran every day in 2017 (blame it on the dog), I decided to set myself a challenge of running on 300 days. The only rule was that the run had to be enough to warrant changing into running kit and needing a shower afterwards so that meant a minimum of 2 miles. OK so most of my runs were only that minimum trip but I am very pleased to say that today I ran my 320th run of 2018!

I also challenged myself to run sub-4 as many times as we have had female members who have run sub-4 - 48. I didn't quite make that one but am currently on 46 sub-4s (life got a bit complicated and moving house had to take priority to running) so should crack it pretty soon!

This year's main challenge? My 250 vest...

Set yourself a challenging but achievable target which will last the whole year and then go and do it!

Re: 320 runs...

That's fantastic Jo. Congratulations on these... Which was the tougher goal?

Slight typo - the 250 vest is my 2019 challenge.

Of my 2018 challenges the sub-4 marathons was obviously the toughest as I didn't complete it. This means that running 300 times was my easiest challenge! Give it a go - Caroline tried running every day and promptly ran a half marathon PB! Effective training with minimum effort!

Jo, you are brilliant and insane in equal measures!!!

How on earth do you get up and out when it's cold and dark outside??? I'm such a warm weather creature 😂

Michelle - me too - I HATE the cold! I put on far too many clothes - enough that I am warm when I start - this sometimes means multiple pairs of gloves, hats, scarves and even tights. Also a fluorescent bib and a head torch and off I go for a 2 mile joglet at a pace befitting the clothing - ie slow. By the time I get back I am wondering why on earth I put on so many clothes but 2 miles isn't far enough for them to become really annoying. It also doesn't take long enough for the 'I haven't really got time' dithering to kick in until I really haven't got time - and if once I'm out I feel like going further I can! Give it a go! I'm also convinced that little, slow and often is a far better way of avoiding injury than more, faster but less often.

A true dedicated runner and a great support of Nhrr . You have always been a great credit to the club ever since you joined all those years ago when I was a member

Jo, you are amazing.😊 You were one of those who inspired me to start my run every day, and yes I'm convinced it was a major factor in helping me achieve the pbs before Christmas. So I'm now going to start again and set my 2019 targets 🏃🏽‍♀️😆

Please everyone - I am NOT amazing, anyone can do this. I set myself easy, achievable, stress free challenges and then do them. Anyone can do it - just decide to and give it a try. If you don't think you can run every day then decide to go for a 20 minute walk instead - but get changed into running kit for it. Before you know it you'll be jogging along because you might as well and then you've done it! And if one day you really don't feel like it then don't go - and don't beat yourself up about it! Try a week to start with, then make it 2, or a month, or 50 consecutive days, or 100, or 200 over the year - it's up to you! Rules - enjoy it, if you find it stressful then stop, never push the pace. That's it!