Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC league. Event 4/5. Ampthill. 13th Jan

It's race week! :raised_hands:

I know that everybody has been looking forward to the next Three Counties XC race! It's because of this fantastic team spirit and dedication that we are leading the combined competition! We are also 2nd in both the ladies and mens competitions. The ladies have a great chance to finish top too.

Here's a reminder...

Men :runner:
1. Amptill 39
2. NHRR 35

Women :dancer:
1. Wellingborough 36
2. NHRR 35
3. Biggleswade 35

Combined :couple:
1. NHRR 39
2. Amptill 36

Lets keep it going!

Please come and run. Everybody contributes, directly and indirectly. You may not score for the team but you may be hurting scorers in other teams. Increasing their score helps us too. If you are not effecting other teams then you are still contributing to team spirit.

If you don't wish to run, we always need supporters and a few helpers to do the scoring. Please let me know if you can help with the scoring. :writing_hand: It's easy and I'm sure everybody that has done it before will tell you its great fun!

If you attended our own event in December and enjoyed it, why not come along?

If you haven't picked up your number from me yet, then I'm offering a late Christmas present, throughout January, of a FREE number and 4 FREE safety pins to go with it. Just collect it from me and you're good to go!

Details of next race are below. Its a similar route to the Ampthill Trohpy, but 5 miles instead of 10km and its in the opposite direction.

Please post below if coming and to arrange lifts.

#TeamNHRR
#FreeCake
#DefendingChampions
#DFYM
#BringYourOwnCowbells
#MudSweatTears
#FacePaintOptional

Host Club: Ampthill and Flitwick Flyers

Date: 13th January 2019

Time: 10:30 a.m.

Postcode for Sat Nav: MK45 2HX

Directions:

• From Milton Keynes & M1, Jn 13 - Follow signposts to Ampthill on the A507. After the Millbrook roundabout, take a left turn towards Ampthill town centre, past the rugby club. Parkside Hall is located about 0.5 mile, from the junction, on your right-hand side.

• From M1, Jn 12 - Follow signposts to Flitwick & Ampthill on the A5120. Follow the A5120 through Flitwick, crossing the railway at the Tesco roundabout and immediately turn left until you reach the roundabout by the Shell garage. Turn left at this roundabout onto A507 and right at the next mini roundabout. After about a mile, past 2 roundabouts, turn right, past the rugby club. Parkside Hall is located about 0.5 mile, from the junction, on your right-hand side.

• From A6 at Clophill - Take the A507 to Flitwick & Ampthill for about 3.5 miles. Go straight over at the roundabout bt the Shell garage and right at the next mini roundabout. After about a mile, past 2 roundabouts, turn right, past the rugby club. Parkside Hall is located about 0.5 mile, from the junction, on your right-hand side.

• Other routes - Find your way to the centre of Ampthill. Take the westerly, uphill exit from the mini roundabouts, Woburn Street. Parkside Hall is located about 0.25 mile, on your left-hand side.

Parking

• There is some parking at the hall and in nearby carparks, but we would strongly urge you to lift share where possible as there is often rugby and football matches on Sunday mornings which add to demand for these spaces. Please do not park in nearby Leonard Cheshire Homes, residential streets or Ampthill Rugby Club Car Park.

• We strongly urge you to lift share where possible.

Facilities

• The hall offers changing and toilet facilities but no showers. There will be further toilet facilities available in the park close to the start. Please do not use the natural facilities as an alternative as we wish to continue to be allowed this great venue for our future events.

• Kit/baggage is left as your own risk.

• Food and hot drinks will be provided after the race please ask runners to bring their own mugs to help reduce waste created by the event.

Course

• Lap 1

• Lap 2

• The course is off road and consists of 2 laps of a country park, measures approximately 5 miles and includes wooded areas. The course follows parkland, woodland, public footpaths and is suitable for spikes or studs. The course has natural hazards, tree roots, divots etc and is open to the public so be mindful of other park users.

• A course map will be displayed on the day and here

• The route to the start from HQ will be clearly signposted

Important Info

• Running shoes, walking boots etc need to be clean and free of soil and organic matter. This is to reduce the risk of soil borne diseases being transferred from other sites to the Park. This is particularly important if runners/walkers have been in woodland previously and/or worn their shoes abroad. Running shoes/boots should be cleaned using warm soapy water and sprayed with a household bacterial spray such as is often used in kitchens.

• Please note the start is about 0.5 mile walk from the HQ - allow 10 to 15 mins to reach the start there is a road to cross from HQ to the park so this may affect your studs/spikes - best to change at the start if you are unsure.

• All event details may be subject to change right up to the start of the event. Please check the website and league Facebook page for updates ahead of the event and listen carefully to marshals and the race briefing on the day.

Re: Three Counties XC league. Event 4/5. Ampthill. 13th Jan

Can't wait! Will need a fantastic effort to extend our overall lead on Ampthill on their patch.

Would be great to see the ladies go top of the league!

Apologies I have weekend 11 of my soft tissue therapy course but Pete will be running.

Hope to be there depending on what my knee does during my run commute later! Going back to run those hills in Ampthill always seems like returning to the scene of a crime.

Hi John
Are you at the club on Thursday to collect a number?
Cheers
Helen

This will be my first x-country race. Happy to drive others if anyone needs a lift. What time is kick-off?

Phil

I’ll be at the club on Thursday with the :free: numbers. :+1:

The KO is 10:30. I’d recommend getting to the venue an hour before, especially if you plan a reccie for what shoes to wear. It’s only about 35min journey from Letchworth. :car:

Just to add that this is a good course to spectate at as it’s fairly twisty laps, so you won’t have to move much to see/cheer people many times, even if you say still you’ll see plenty of action. :cool:

#BringTheFamily

I am willing to drive from Letchworth, as is James K. We might team up in one car or both drive if there is sufficient demand.

Please post if you would like a lift with me / James K and we will co-ordinate.