Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An emotional goodbye North Herts Roadrunners

With a very heavy heart I must say goodbye after nearly 7 years (this sounds like a start of a joke but it sadly isn't)

I've been going through some hard times this last few months and have made tough decision to change my personal circumstances and move back to the other side of the county, being too far to make it to NHRR.I will come over and do FSOTM at some point.

I can't even begin to describe the positive impact it made upon me ever since I first joined NHRR I'm literally a different person.I've made so many great friends, had lots of laughs and enjoyed representing the club and getting ever so slightly quicker.

As people know I love a fartlek session and will continue doing these on Thursday nights in green group tradition.

All the very best everyone.

Steve

Re: An emotional goodbye North Herts Roadrunners

That's sad news Steve we will miss you. Best of luck with your future plans.

ah that's a real shame Steve.. and just as I was getting back to fitness! I've enjoyed running with you, so don't be a stranger. Still need to do that Tring parkrun in the dry!

Best of luck

Phil

Steve, you have been a true North Herts Road Runner. Always representing the club magnificently and turning up for training regularly. you have been a great person to coach - thank you. Good luck with your move and I sincerely hope things improve for you.
Always welcome, any time.
Dickie

Your friendly welcome when I came to the club last Autumn, your constant encouragement and puffing noises (plus the Burger King screech of brakes moment mid fartlek!) will be remembered and sorely missed. Green group will not be the same without you. Look after yourself and do come back and visit.
Take care, Paula x

Very sorry to hear that you are moving. You always give 150% in training sessions so I am sure 2019 will be full of great racing:) We will miss you. I do hope that you will join a club in your new home as it's a great way to get to make new friends:)

Ahhh Steve,

You were one of the first to welcome me to the club in 2017 and I enjoyed running with you! Sorry to see you go but once a squirrel always a squirrel. I look forward to seeing you at the occasional FSOTM and other races.

Take it easy bud and I hope things get better for you.

Awww best of luck Steve. I remember my first fartlek last year with the Greens with you at the front :). Make sure you find a nice running group where you are going and keep up the amazing work. We will be checking on you on Strava!

Gutted you’re leaving. I know it’s for the best. However, onwards and upwards my friend. I know there will be plenty of parkruns to do now and races to book.

Chris

Steve, like everyone else has said, it has been great running with you. You are a very welcoming fella and helped me to settle into the club last year through my own tough times. I will miss having you to chase in the second half of the MWL races... if I could stay with your metronome pace I knew I was doing ok! Take care my friend and good luck.

Can’t believe the only guy in the club who can kept up with me drinking on a night out and live to tell the tale is leaving ðŸĪŠ. In all seriousness, we’ve had some great times and I’ll miss you not being around. Stay in touch and I’ll definitely be coming to do the Tring Parkrun when the weather is warmer 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️ Best wishes and good luck pal!!!

Thankyou for kind responses everybody means a lot.

Sorry to hear you're leaving mate - remember to keep slating the boring bastards with their mobile phones! Hopefully see you at FSOM. Good luck for the future.

Sorry to hear this, Steve, but I wish you all the best. You've made a great contribution to the Club, always pitching in to help. Another club will be lucky to have you!

Steve

Not one for posting many messages but sorry to hear this news - I will miss the footie chats but if you are in the area let us know - good luck bob

Oh Steve, I have enjoyed chasing you down at training on those fartleks and in races over the years. You've been my pacer on so many occasions. I'll miss you x

Hi Steve, we are sad to see you go. Thanks for being a great squirrel for seven years and supporting so many of our activities. Good luck and stay in touch.

Thank you everyone. I've had my first training session with Tring Running Club and will be signing up for the Greenway this week.

Also very importantly will be coming back for a night out/few beers most likely second week of March (Saturday 9th) all welcome to join. Will be in Hitchin.