Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 15th, Thursday 17th & Saturday 19th January

With so many people racing hard at Ampthill today I would suggest that there should be lots of company for an easy run on Tuesday:) If you feel really recovered you might want to include some miles at half marathon or marathon pace depending on your Spring target race but running easy-steady is important for building your aerobic engine so please don't think that slower miles are having less training effect they are just training a different energy system:)

Tuesday's training for yellow group is a fartlek of 10 x 2 mins efforts with 2 mins easier running to look back to get the group back together. On Thursday yellow group will be on the Grange loop for 4 x 1200m also with 2 mins recovery.

On Tuesday purple group will be coached by Katie Harbon with the session being 5 x 1000m at St Francis with 2 minutes walk recovery whilst on Thursday purples will be on Icknield Way from the Toyota Garage for 4 x 600m (90s recovery) and 4 x 300m (60s recovery).

Green group session on Tuesday is 5-6 x 1M at St Pauls with 90s recovery and on Thursday greens will be enjoying a fartlek of 7 x 3 minutes with 90s easier running to regroup.

If there are any blues who did not race today I could suggest 1 x 2M and 4 x 1M on Tuesday also on the St Pauls' loop. Thursday's session for blues will be a 20-30 minute tempo run or if you are looking for some speed you could join purples short rep session.

Track on Saturday will be 2 x 800m, 4 x 400m, 4 x 200m and 4 x 100m all with half rep jog recovery. Session starts at Ridlins at 9.15am and costs £2 payable to FVS fr track hire.

Re: Training Tuesday 15th, Thursday 17th & Saturday 19th January

track for me on Saturday, thanks

I will be running in Saturday's track session.

Track for me on Saturday 😀

I’ll be coming track tomorrow, looking forward to it 🏃‍♂️