Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Three Counties XC league. Event 5/5. Wootton. 27th Jan

It's race week! :raised_hands:

Here we are at the final race of the Three Counties XC league.

We need as many runners as possible at this race as a celebration. It is also the shortest, least difficult route. So if you fancy a go, then please do.

As always, we need supporters too. Its a good course for spectators as the loop is short and its 2 laps. So if you stand near the start/finsh you'll see everybody 3 times.

The awards are presented after this race and we are in with a very good chance of some good silverware. So please come along and stop for the awards presentation. :trophy:

Its so exiting! :heart_eyes:

We very much deserve this opportunity to fight for the overall titles and trophies in the series. We have several individual prizes up for grabs too.

We are defending our combined league title we won last year in style, winning every race so far. We want a clean sweep and win every race. :+1:

We are the best team in the league, so lets go over to Wootton and show this once again.

Here's a reminder of how it stands!

Men :runner:
1. Amptill 51
2. NHRR 48 :raised_hands:
3. Bedford 42

Women :dancer:
1. NHRR 48 (149) :raised_hands:
2. Wellingborough 48 (186)
3. Biggleswade 46

Combined :couple:
1. NHRR 52 :raised_hands:
2. Amptill 48
3. Wellingbrough 44

Please post below if coming and to arrange lifts.

If anybody would like to help with scoring, then please let me know. We need two people to take down our runners at the end. :writing_hand:

N.B. Although it says spikes are an option for this course below, these are instructions from the club. I would personally very much advise against spikes. I wore spikes last year under this advise and I would not do so again.

#TeamNHRR
#FreeCake
#DFYM

Host Club: Wootton Road Runners

Date: Sunday 27th January 2019

Time: 10:30 a.m.

Location: Northampton High School, Hardingstone, Northampton, NN4 6UU

The Race HQ is situated at Northampton High School and can be accessed from the main car park. PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE OUTSIDE SHOES, XC STUDS OR SPIKES TO BE WORN IN THE SCHOOL.

Postcode for Sat Nav: NN4 6UU

Directions: Race HQ: RACE HQ

Parking: There is adequate parking at the school but we would strongly urge you to lift share where possible.

Facilities: The school offers changing, showers and toilet facilities. Food and hot drinks will be provided after the race.

Course:

• The course has changed and is now back at Delapre Abbey Course Map

• The course is 2 laps of approximately 2.5 miles

• The course is off road and consists of two laps of a country park and includes wooded areas. The course follows parkland, woodland, public footpaths and is suitable for spikes or studs.

• A course map will be displayed on the day and can be found at www.woottonroadrunners.co.uk

Start: Please note the start is about a 1.5 mile walk from the HQ - allow 20 to 25 mins to reach the start Start Map (online) (pdf version)

The route to the start from HQ will be clearly signposted

Re: Three Counties XC league. Event 5/5. Wootton. 27th Jan

Exciting! I wouldn't miss it - I'm happy to drive from Hitchin and can take three passengers. It is about an hour's drive, so I plan to leave at 8.30ish. I will also be staying for the final result and presentations (fingers crossed for some silverware for the club!), so I won't be dashing back.

Please could I get a lift with you Linda?

Yes, no problem Lindsay, I can pick you up.

After 4 races we now have had 65 individuals turn out at least once. Fantastic! :grinning:

22 squirrels have ran 1 race
12 squirrels have run 2 races
15 squirrels have ran 3 races
16 squirrels have ran all 4 races so far.

Super kudos :+1: to all who have run every race so far, you all have a place in the overall individual results. You need 4 races for this, you can miss one race. I hope you all plan to make the last race. Last year 10 people ran every race. If you run all 5, you will loose your worst position from your overall score.

Everybody who has run 3 races so far can get in the individual placing by completing the last race. So we could get 31 squirrels in the individual rankings. Last year we had 22.

Don’t worry if you’re not in the individual tables. You can still help the team by either adding one more to your turn out, or making your first apearence or even XC debut. #WhyNot

Last year the total number of finishers was 186, and we are on 155 so far this year... hopefully we’ll break the 200 mark.

Also I'd love to get above 70 squirrels taken part after Wootton, why not come and give it a go? :raising_hand:

If you need your number, then I’ll be at the club Thursday and on race day. This will be the last opportunity on the :free: safety pins deal. :scream: Even if you don’t intend to run, put your race number on your coffee table and see if by the time Sunday morning comes your not pinning it to your vest (you need a club vest to race) and driving to Wootton. :heartbeat: :car: :runner: :clap:

#TeamNHRR
#LoveXC

John A
After 4 races we now have had 65 individuals turn out at least once. Fantastic! :grinning:

22 squirrels have ran 1 race
12 squirrels have run 2 races
15 squirrels have ran 3 races
16 squirrels have ran all 4 races so far.

Super kudos :+1: to all who have run every race so far, you all have a place in the overall individual results. You need 4 races for this, you can miss one race. I hope you all plan to make the last race. Last year 10 people ran every race. If you run all 5, you will loose your worst position from your overall score.

Everybody who has run 3 races so far can get in the individual placing by completing the last race. So we could get 31 squirrels in the individual rankings. Last year we had 22.

Don’t worry if you’re not in the individual tables. You can still help the team by either adding one more to your turn out, or making your first apearence or even XC debut. #WhyNot

Last year the total number of finishers was 186, and we are on 155 so far this year... hopefully we’ll break the 200 mark.

Also I'd love to get above 70 squirrels taken part after Wootton, why not come and give it a go? :raising_hand:

If you need your number, then I’ll be at the club Thursday and on race day. This will be the last opportunity on the :free: safety pins deal. :scream: Even if you don’t intend to run, put your race number on your coffee table and see if by the time Sunday morning comes your not pinning it to your vest (you need a club vest to race) and driving to Wootton. :heartbeat: :car: :runner: :clap:

#TeamNHRR
#LoveXC
#doing

#doing

#whynot #doing

I would really appreciate it if I could get a lift on Sunday for the cross country.
Thank you
Monica

Post race meet-up

In conjunction with the social secretary and the team captains, I am proposing that after the post race activities in Wootton we meet up back in Letchworth for a drink here in the Cultivo Lounge Letchworth. I’ll phone them up later to check that they have REGO on tap. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This will be around 1:30pm ish for an hour. Depending on how long the presentations go on afterwards. :trophy:

Please come along and share stories of Three Counties XC this year. If you can’t make the race in Wootton, then please join us to find out how it went.

Regardless of the results on Sunday, we have plenty to be proud of. Hopefully we will be the cats that got the cream, but actually, more like the squirrels that got the nuts. :clap:

Will be there leg permitting! ..... can give lift or be a paying passenger 😊

I'd like to come to the post race meet up (hopefully celebration!), though 1.30 may be pushing it a bit - it's a long jog back from the finish to the school, wait for results, then drive home through the M1 roadworks..

Sadly I won't be running this one (bruised foot is recovering, but slower than I hoped), but will be there to support.

Nice to see #doing spreading :heart_eyes: let’s keep it going :grinning:

Brian, good point, will review on the day and update. See how we get on... :+1:

No problem James, good work so far. We’d all be very grateful to have your support. And camera? :raised_hands:

Equally grateful to any others that want to come and support or run. It’s all adds to team spirit. We’ll be bringing plenty of team spirit to Wootton and plenty of heart too. :heart:

#TeamNHRR
#DFYM
#BELIEVE
#WeCanDoThis
#WeAreTheCompetition
#NeverGiveUp
#MudSweatTears

I have one space available in my car, leaving from Letchworth. Clare H and James K are already on the passenger list.

Sorry I can’t make it to support tomorrow. Wishing you all a fantastic race.

Thanks Jo!

Hope everybodies numbers are pinned to their vests. :running_shirt_with_sash:

Bags packed.

Lifts and rendezvous points arranged. :car:

Get some sleep :zzz: Squirrels and see you all in the morning! :grinning:

What ever we bring home with us tomorrow, we’ve earned it.

We are defending league champions and we have shown that was no fluke. We just need to believe in our selves and hopefully we’ll defend it. :muscle:

Best of luck to the ladies tomorrow! You can do it!

#BELIEVE
#EyeOfTheTiger
#TeamNHRR