Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you for working so hard:)

Just to thnak everyone who came along to last night's Club Run session led by Simon Mennell from Braintree & District AC. You displayed great knowledge when answering Simon's questions and asked a range a interesting questions yourselves:) The mobility ABC drills were great as was your effort in the reps. I know Simon really enjoyed himself and commented on how welcoming and friendly everyone was. I am sure we all learnt something. Personally the reminder that a whistle and time rep can ensure all runners in a mixed group work in the same energy zone was helpful, as was the idea of warming up proportional to the effort in your session and that the length of time to static stretch afterwards should be relative to effort:) A great evening and I'm really looking forward to the next 2 sessions.

Re: Thank you for working so hard:)

It was brilliant Karen, I am really pleased I came along. It was interesting to hear actually about the reverse relative effort of the post run static strecthes!

Arggghhh. Wished I'd been there - what was the message regarding warm up? Hard warm up for hard race - eg 80% of race pace etc? Thanks!!!

Thank you so much - it was a great session and I learned some very useful things. It was nice to train with (not that I was actually 'with' them much :wink:) some of those speedy blue and green group people for a change! :grinning:

Will there be a write up on the training pages of the website for those who couldn't go?

Thanks

Thanks Karen & Astrid for organising. Loads of really good tips. It will take me a while to sort out a new set of warm-up drills for Yellows - YES!

It was really useful - thank you so much! Kept thinking about my arms while out running today. So much to take away from it.

Really enjoyable evening! I think every training session should end with a cup of coffee and a natter! Thank you Astrid, Karen for organising and to Simon for the session. Looking forward to the next one 🏃‍♂️.

Ace session. Great content and fantastic delivery. Loved the interactive aspect to Simon’s little talk to get us all thinking. It was great fun too!
Thanks very much for all the hard work in making it happen.
😊😊😊