Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Report for Week Ending 10th Feb

I have been nursing a niggly knee so please do entertain us all with your tales of daring do whilst out pounding the streets. Any photos of such magnificent feats of endurance can be sent to d.weston@outlook.com

Thank you!

Re: Press Report for Week Ending 10th Feb

WELWYN 10K - 9 squirrels got out of bed & ran in the cold rain this morning

Lady U40
Ali Mottram 01.06.08
Siobhan Sherry 01.10.14

W40
Jennie Andrews 00.53.41
Joanne Sopala 01.07.50
Jo Kenlin 01.10.34

W60
Nessa Rolfe 01.03.58

W70
Monica Cullin 01.33.13

Senior U40
James Marvell 01.03.29

M40
Robert Harris 00.37.46

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone off

Completed the Olympic Park half marathon in 2 hours 32 mins

Stuart cocks done love welwyn 10k in ran windy conditions finished in 56place out of 390runners time was 44.50 just six seconds over my pb will have it next time 😁😁 well done to other runners from NHRR

I ran the We Love Welwyn 10K this morning. It was a 2 lap course starting and finishing in Stanborough Park.

The laps went in the opposite direction this year compared to last. (I preferred last year's!)

I finished in 53.41 which is a PB for me and an improvement on last year's result by 11 minutes.

Jennie A

As well as my time of 01:33:13 I got the medal for 70+.
For The Liove WElwyn 10k

I also did the Love Welwyn 10k - 1 hour 3mins 45. New PB for me by 5 mins so very pleased!

Helen M-S
I also did the Love Welwyn 10k - 1 hour 3mins 45. New PB for me by 5 mins so very pleased!
I should write my full name really, Helen Marson-Smith

Vanessa Rolfe
WELWYN 10K - 9 squirrels got out of bed & ran in the cold rain this morning

Lady U40
Ali Mottram 01.06.08
Siobhan Sherry 01.10.14

W40
Jennie Andrews 00.53.41
Joanne Sopala 01.07.50
Jo Kenlin 01.10.34

W60
Nessa Rolfe 01.03.58

W70
Monica Cullin 01.33.13

Senior U40
James Marvell 01.03.29

M40
Robert Harris 00.37.46

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone off
My time was a new post accident PB by 12 mins😊

I did the Stopsley Challenge today. The challenge was to run as many laps as you could or wanted to within six hours. The long lap was 5.1 miles along country roads around Offley. The first half was mostly downhill and the second half took us up some very long and challenging hills. The shorter lap was just under a mile. I did five laps of the five mile route and one lap of the shorter route making it 26.4.

At the end of each lap you went back to HQ and collected a wristband and had the chance to refuel and eat some of the very nice selection of food.

The weather was pretty brutal throughout and the puddles got gradually bigger and the hills seemed to get tougher, but despite walking up some of the hills and trying to avoid some car drivers who thought it might be fun to spray me with the muddy puddles when they drove past at speed, I finished in 4.49! 😊

I also ran love welwyn 10k however I didn't love it I didn't like the 2 lap course of a housing estate the conditions were aweful however I did get a PB by 6 minutes came in 106.43

While my time at the Welwyn 10k is some way off my PB, it did get me 4th place overall and 1st MV40. Which was nice.

Thanks for posting the love WGC results for us all Vanessa. My time was a pb and I’m really pleased to have shaved off a few minutes. Weather was a little grim but it was a nice race.

Congrats to everyone as it seems to have resulted in lots of good times.

Great job on the 70+ medal Monica

Whilst visiting some family down in Worthing I thought it was the perfect opportunity to run the Worthing Half Marathon again.

This year is was a festival of running taking in a 10k and children’s mile.

Windy and rainy conditions meant it wasn’t the easiest but it’s pan flat which helped me to a time of 1:19:01.

Not my quickest but I had targeted a sub 80 after a few weeks of niggles and felt strong throughout which is encouraging going into the Big Half in March and London in April.

Well done Monica!

Thanks to Vanessa for providing the round up. The weather was miserable, but it was great to run with so many squirrels at Welwyn. I knocked 7 minutes off my previous 10k best and so I love the Love Welwyn 10k!

Well done to everyone out racing today in tough conditions. Delighted to hear about all these PBs and a big well done to Monica on her age-group win!

SPAR British Athletics Indoor Championships 5000m Race Walk

Birmingham Arena Sunday 10 Feb

A disappointing day - DQ'd around 4k

Very memorable for a club athlete to take part in an event like this and experience behind the scenes.

I'd trained hard for this after receiving the invite in January.

But no excuses on the day

Thanks to Martyn Rachel and Clare for coming along to support and anyone who watched on the Red Button or sent messages on Strava

Dave : )

Well done monica xx

Re: SPAR British Athletics Indoor Championships 5000m Race Walk

Dave

Well done....great racing with the big boys, made all the more exciting due to the technical nature of the sport.
No shame in the DQ - you were obviously on the limit, as were a few others. Fascinating to watch.
Keep up the good work!