Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 12th, Thurs 14th & Sat 16th Feb

Tuesday's session for blue group is a 1.5M warm up to Howard Drive followed by 3-4 x 1M at half marathon pace with a 400m active recovery easy run back to the start of the next rep and a 1.5M cool down. Green group will be enjoying 3-4 x Bedford Rd bumps (1.2M per rep) with 90s recovery between each rep and yellows are on the Grange for a threshold run of 2 x 12 1/2 mins with 90s recovery between the 2 efforts. Several purple group members ran superbly at the Welwyn 10km today and I would therefore suggest that they should enjoy a 5km easy recovery run whilst anyone who has not raced has 3-4 x Runnalow rep. Runnalow can be run as a 400m run, 100m walk and 400m run or a 900m rep so will suit all abilities.

On Thursday yellow group session is a fartlek of 2/3/4/5/4/3/2 mins with 2 mins easier running between each effort to loop back and regroup. Karen will be coaching 800m reps at Sainsburys and anyone is welcome to attend this session, 5-7 reps at 5/10km pace with 90s recovery. The start is on the bottom corner below the Sainsbury's petrol station so it is a 1.4M run from the club. However, you could also drive to Sainsbury's and then warm up round the course to make it just 0.5M :) Green group could choose the fartlek or the 800m reps and there will also be a session for newer runners of 10 mins running, 3 mins walking and 10 mins running. Hopefully those choices will provide a suitable session for everyone.

Saturday's track session is the 2nd visit by Simon Mennell and the following athletes have signed up for it:
Paula Adams
John Auld
Wayne Bell
Helen Cairns
Jane Clarke
Rob Harris
Lee Hayes
Darren Matussa
Stewart Overton
Tash Pitman
Ed Price
John Rayner
Matt Sayers
Peter Sibbett
Mark Vaughan
Tom Webb
Vincent Wright
Please arrive at Ridlind track at 9.10am so that we can make a prompt start at 9.15am. The session will cost £2 as we pay this to FVS to contribute to the track hire. Please confirm below that you will be attending.
Enjoy a fabulous February running with NHRR:)

Re: Training Tues 12th, Thurs 14th & Sat 16th Feb

I’ll be at the track, on Saturday - thanks 🙏

I'll be at the track 👍

Hi Karen, all going well this week I'm planning to be at the track on Saturday.

Tom

track for me too, thanks!

I’ll be there on Saturday. Thanks Karen.

I’ll be at the track..... thanks for organising

I'll be at the track, thanks.

How long will the session last?

Hi Karen
I’ll be at track. Looking forward to it! Thanks for organising.
😊

I’ll be at the track. :+1:

Session will last about 75mins so finished by 10.30. Hope that’s OK:)

I will be at the track thanks Karen

Saturday track session

I will be attending.

Re: Saturday track session

I will be there on Saturday

I’ll be there thank you

I'll be at the track, looking forward to it. Thanks