Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milton Keynes Marathon!!

5 squirrels 🐿 took on the Milton Keynes Marathon today, plus 1 doing the Half-Marathon and a team of 4 running the Marathon Relay! The conditions were perfect for racing today after last year’s heat wave.

I took 10 minutes off my previous marathon PB and achieved a sub 4 - even after a bad fall at mile 18 I carried on with grazed and bruised hands, knees, arm and shoulder, sticking to my pacing strategy. The support of fellow runners after my fall helped me push on, plus the pain distracted me from my legs!

Results below:

Marathon
Pos. Chip time Participant
694 3:56:40 Naomi Parkinson
1204 4:31:05 Alan Hazlehurst
1244 4:35:35 Cara Sutton
1249 4:35:57 Adam Wilson
1304 4:39:39 Alice Noakes

Half-Marathon
Pos. Chip time Participant
2520 2:55:15 Jo Kenlin

Re: Milton Keynes Marathon!!

Well done everyone for completing the marathon. I believe there was a rely team too.

I also completed the 5k rocket run the day before with a new. 5k pb.

Great day - I took 9 minuets off my PB so thanks Dickie for all your help coaching.

This was my first marathon, I was aiming for just under 5 hours, so I'm delighted! Really enjoyed it,and the relay team did a fantastic job of supporting us all.

I really enjoyed today(not something I'd normally say about a marathon) but well organised and quite a nice route. I was aiming for about 4 hours 30 so pleased with 4:31:05 (darn that stop for a wee :confounded: And thanks to all the support from other club runners especially the relay team who were great.
Can I also claim 1st male home for the club??? its not going to happen again I think :grinning:

Speaking presumptuously on behalf of the relay team, we had a fab day and were all really pleased to be able to cheer on our fellow squirrels. 😁

Alan H
I really enjoyed today(not something I'd normally say about a marathon) but well organised and quite a nice route. I was aiming for about 4 hours 30 so pleased with 4:31:05 (darn that stop for a wee :confounded: And thanks to all the support from other club runners especially the relay team who were great.
Can I also claim 1st male home for the club??? its not going to happen again I think :grinning:
Definitely take the 1st male medal!! Congratulations :)

Well done one and all. All great times.

Not presumptuous at all Ali! It was an incredible day to be part of. I was really proud to cheer on our fellow squirrels and loved being part of the relay team. A very enjoyable event. And huge congratulations to everyone for their PBs and to Alan for first male squirrel home 😀

Well done all on a course I hated! Thanks (and well done of course) Naomi on adding to the number of sub-4s I need to run to hit my target for this year! Re stopping for a wee - always do. I'm sure it takes less time than is lost in running along thinking of nothing else but wanting to stop and go and once you've gone you can relax and enjoy the run so don't beat yourself up Alan, if you hadn't stopped you'd probably have finished slower not enjoyed it as much! There's always next time for that sub-4.30!