Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
**BIRD RUN**

Hello you NHRR members!

Now if you fancy a wonderful run admiring the local birds of Oughtonhead common (the flying bird variety) with the famous local twitcher Mr James Walsh, finishing with the best breakfast around at McKeown headquarters, then the Bird Run on the 8th June starting at 9am is for you!!
Get the bins (twitching term for binoculars) and bellies ready for the best Bird Run ever!

Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask James or Helen (social sec).

More details to follow - keep the date free!

Re: **BIRD RUN**

One of my absolute favourite events of the year - on the calendar! :bird: :hatched_chick: :snail: :beetle: :bee: :deciduous_tree: :cherry_blossom:

Yes please from Viv and myself

Count Clare and I in for this!

I’m in, absolutely loved the bird run last year.

Absolutely! I’m sitting in the garden and ‘tuning in ‘, not sure I’m improving but love the whole morning. 🐥🦉🐝🐞🦚🍄

Count me in. Last year was great.

Could you count me in please. Sounds great

I think I can manage this, so count me in.

Yes please

Yes, I'm in!

Yes please loved it last year 🦜🦉🦆

its a yes please from Helen and I

Myself and Linsey would love to come, thankyou!🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🐦🕊

Will this be an 8am start again this year? Thank you 😊

Yes please Helen. See you there.

Yes please I would like to also be there sounds great

I’d love to come. Thank you

Yes please, I'd love to join you again this year.

Hello everyone!

So glad you are all coming to the Bird Run this Saturday 8th!

Parking is available through the metal gate on the lawn,
3 Manley Highway Cottages on Pirton Road - Postcode SG5 2ES.
We will start at 9am at Astrid and Steve’s then James Walsh will take you all on an epic ‘bird run’!
After the run we all get back to Astrid and Steve’s for a tasty Brunch!

Any questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Helen

Am looking forward to leading this. Remember to bring binoculars if you have them, but don't worry if you don't. I'll have two spare pairs and we'll be doing plenty of listening as well as looking.

See you all there!

Sorry to be missing this, it was fab last year. Have a great time everyone!

If you wondering about the weather, bird run will go ahead, breakfast will definitely go ahead

Thank you to Astrid Steve and James for hosting the bird run. It’s amazing so much enjoyment could be had on day of “damp” weather conditions. Thanks also to the White Throat and the Reed Bunting who were brave enough to show themselves and made it all worthwhile. All topped off by scrummy breakfast- Thanks Astrid

Thanks Astrid & Steve for hosting a lovely breakfast after a rather damp bird run.
Thanks also to James for his amazing knowledge of bird song, making it a fun morning despite the weather.

James thank you for the bird run and sharing your knowledge. Astrid and Steve thank you for welcoming us in, even with our wet feet and mud splattered legs and for the delicious breakfast.