Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 12th May

Hi all,

Please post your race reports below. Please include your full name and all relevant details. The deadline is 7pm tonight, and the email for photos is:
john.michael.auld@googlemail.com

Many thanks in advance
John

Re: Press report for week ending 12th May

On bank holiday Monday, I travelled with my family up to the Breckland 10k in Norfolk. Having run two 10ks this year around 36:30 I expected a similar time again. The course involves a mile up hill. Then 4 gently undulating miles followed by a down hill finish. With a quarter of a mile to go I realised I was on for a pb. Thinking back to all of the training, I treated the finish like a 400m rep and was overjoyed to finish in 35:10 to come 5th.

LEEDS HALF MARATHON - my annual pilgrim up north to run my home town. This race doesn’t get any flatter but I love it all the same. Very hot conditions this year & happy to finish in 2.25.56

Vanessa Rolfe
LEEDS HALF MARATHON - my annual pilgrim up north to run my home town. This race doesn’t get any flatter but I love it all the same. Very hot conditions this year & happy to finish in 2.25.56
Greenway Challenge in the bag 2.17:24. My first half marathon. From a wheezing asthmatic on the couch to half marathon in a year and a half.
Couldn't have done it without NHRR support and friendship THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR MAKING TODAY SO FANTASTIC

What a beautiful day to run a marathon - and possibly my favourite to boot! Halstead in Essex, arguably one of the prettiest and best organised road runs I have done. Yes it is undulating but none of the hills go on for long and what goes up... Very pleased to finish in 3.52 and if you knew what my training consists of these days you would understand why I say I don't deserve it...

After having dropped my middle child at a beavers day in Bedford at 8:15 I checked out local parkruns and realised I was close to great denham. After driving around for ages I finally managed to find the start. Fast and flat, was very pleased with my fastest parkrun in a very long time. Position 103, 28:36.

Having said I would never do a Triathlon, today I completed the HSV Sprint Triathlon in Hatfield - a 400m swim, 20k bike and a 5k run (though the course was a fair bit short of this). When my running/fitness took the hit of a car crash back in Autumn and with a big birthday looming, I thought it would be a great thing to do with my husband to take myself well and truly out of my comfort zone and to cross train. I had to come to terms with the hated swimming element, I have grown in confidence on the bike and started to adapt to running off the bike with jelly legs, but have lost sleep all week worrying about transitions. With a 4:30 alarm clock and perfect conditions we headed to Hatfield and set up our spots in transition alongside GB kit wearing triathletes and pretended to look like we knew what we were doing! I survived the swim, enjoyed the bike and surprisingly felt comfortable on the pretty run and was overjoyed to beat my hoped for time of sub 1:25:00 by getting 1:14:41 and receiving the prize for the first 40-49 female!

My 4th Greenway Challenge but first as a club member (yellow group) and I managed my 2nd best time, 1.56.45 as recorded by my watch from the start line, but 1.57.40 official race time. That'll teach me to start near the back of the pack! A brilliantly organised race as always and lovely weather. Thanks to all organisers.

I ran in the Greenway Challenge today and finished with a time of 1:40:48.

Thanks

Lewina Agius and I ran the Greenway Challenge today. First HM for both of us. First race in a squirrel vest and first long distance race (previous only being 5K) for me. Both delighted with our finish times (1:58:43 for me, 2:05:12 for Lewina) - way better than we had hoped for! Tough course, but amazing encouragement from all the marshals, public, and other runners really helped spur us both on!

This is my third half marathon in 4 months its my second time on this course and running alone physical I felt good most of it also mentally I was ok but a touch too hot for me but I cracked on with it my watch said I finished in 2.29.27 which I was elated with last year I was 2.54.54 so about 25 minutes PB! My official time today put me at 2.35 though although I had long waits on two road crossings either way its still a 20 minutes PB can I claim the sub 2.30 lol cos I am.
Great race organised nice medal too thankyou to nhrr I can even run and the continued training sessions put on that I'm improving so much thankyou

I finished the greenway challenge in 1:54:12 and really enjoyed it, despite the hills! It was certainly challenging but great fun too and a perfect sunny day for it! Thanks so much to all the organisers, marshalls and cheerers- such fantastic support throughout!

I completed my second Greenway Challenge today and achieved a new PB at half-marathon distance, 1:44:24. It was a fantastic race, with glorious weather and great support, thank you! So nice to see so many familiar faces along the way. A big thanks to the organisers.

Hi John,

Myself, Richard, Katie and Jo all ran the Kimpton 9.5k fun run on Monday. Lovely run great community spirit!

Katie 38.44
Richard 40.40
Matt Ankers 48.24
Jo 49.41

Matt

Did my second Greenway Challenge today in 157:35. A fabulous day in every respect. Great weather, marshals and cheering. It really helps so much to see a friendly face along the way. Thx to everyone who was involved in organising this lovely race.

Thank you everybody. Lots of nice comments there. It made it much easier for me to write the report. :+1:

Some great results too.

#TeamNHRR