Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 2nd June

Hi,

Please post race results and details below. Please make sure to include full names and lots of quotable info! The email address for photos is price.edward7@gmail.com. The deadline is 7pm Sunday 2nd June.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Re: Press report for week ending 2nd June

Hailey batson
Ran the offley AONB 10k... found it very challenging with the heat and it was very hilly,one of the hardest 10ks I've done in a while. Definitely not a route of your trying for a PB

Time 1.08

Ed Price
Hi,

Please post race results and details below. Please make sure to include full names and lots of quotable info! The email address for photos is price.edward7@gmail.com. The deadline is 7pm Sunday 2nd June.

Thanks in advance,

Ed
Did the Stevenage park run in a PB of 26 mins 18 seconds and the offley 10k today in 58 mins 28 seconds came 1st in age 60+ and 36 th overall

Done the Stevenage park run in a P B time of 26 mins 18 seconds and the offley 10k today in 58 mins 28 seconds 1st place 60+ and 36th overall

Adam Wilson
Did AONB half this morning - great event and my first trail half. The course follows quite a bit if the mully route so is very undulating but great views and great support from the marshalls. I think this could become a regular! time 2.12.33 so more than happy. Celebrated with a magnificent Venison burger - perfect morning out.

Hi Ed,

I was also out for The Great Hertfordshire AONB today doing the marathon.

Such a stunning course with fun and friendly marshalls, impressively stocked aid stations and plenty of countryside. In was the inaugural event and from a runners perspective was really enjoyable and well organised - definitely would recommend it for next year!

I finished in 4:51:30, very pleased having run a sub 4 Marathon in May.

Naomi Parkinson

I also did the Great Hertfordshire AONB marathon today. As has been said very warm and very hilly (actually bloody hot and monster hills) but the views were fantastic and I'm going to claim that it was looking at said views and watching the magnificent red kites that made me finish in 5:39:17. But a fantastic event and well organised with great marshalling.

I came in 6th Lady too!

Hi Ed,

I took part in the Vitality London 10,000 on Monday 27 May in a time of 47.52. Before the race started it was perfect running conditions – not too warm and with a nice cool breeze. But whilst we were all waiting to start in our wave pens the clouds parted and the sun came out and it was suddenly very warm! Not quite a PB, but was 2 mins quicker than last year so I was pleased with that!

Then on Sunday 2 June I took part in the inaugural Great Hertfordshire AONB Half Marathon with my running buggy Lulu (choccy lab) and we took it steady in the warm temperatures. We completed it in 2h11m and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful course and amazing atmosphere.

I did the AONB marathon as well! Midway through I was still in good shape, but the last 6 miles were really tough...hot, off-road and hilly ground were not unexpected but certainly difficult to tame 'jointly'. I managed to finish in 04:04:34, 10th overall, pleased with my time considering it's my 4th marathon in 2 months (3 official + 1 long run on my own). Still need to decide whether to include in the list of regular runs or not...could get too hot to be truly enjoyable!

Niccolò Bassani 04:04:34

Naomi Parkinson
I came in 6th Lady too!
Well done Naomi! 💪🏅

I also did the AONB Marathon and finished in 5.25.32. Miranda Morgan finished in 5.36.16.

Another one for the AONB - finished in 4.30. Fab route and the organisers were actually kind regarding the hills and we went round rather than over the worst of them - shame because the views from the top would have been well worth the effort! Very well marked and marshalled course - especially by Team Harbon at about half way - and beautiful day for running!