Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Report for week ending Sunday 29th September

Hi All,

Please post your race reports by 7pm this evening, including your full name, race details and results and send any photos through to paulaschmaula@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Paula

Re: Press Report for week ending Sunday 29th September

Hi Paula

On Saturday Ed Price, Nathan Pask and Stewart Overton travelled to Sandy Track for the Biggleswade AC open meet.

Likely to be our last track race of the year we all took part in the 5000.

Nathan led from the gun to take victory and top off a high quality and consistent summer of track racing.

Ed and Stewart ran in a pack for the majority of the race sharing the workload on a windy day before breaking away to cap a North Herts 1, 2 and 3.

Nathan Pask : 16:32
Ed Price : 16:37
Stewart Overton : 16:45

Many thanks

Stewart

Hi Paula I'm sure you will receive the results from the Hitchin 5k but just to let you know my time.

27.39 on my watch 1st V70

This is a popular 2 lap race around Hitchin town. Fortunately the rain had stopped and we had a good race and picked up a couple of prizes.

Ian

This weekend I ventured to Berlin for the BMW Berlin Marathon! I wish I had bagged a time such as Bekele's (2 seconds short of the WR!!), but it was indeed a good one. Some gusts of wind every now and then, and from mile 15 until the end (and after...) relentless water from the sky. I was hoping for a 3:30 but my last month of training was not 'linear' so very pleased with my time of 03:31:44, and not a single meter walking! I slowed down a little bit the last 3 miles but negotiating the puddles and the water from above did take its toll in the end! And tonight, Kartoffelhaus :)

Niccolò Bassani 03:31:44

Niccolo'
This weekend I ventured to Berlin for the BMW Berlin Marathon! I wish I had bagged a time such as Bekele's (2 seconds short of the WR!!), but it was indeed a good one. Some gusts of wind every now and then, and from mile 15 until the end (and after...) relentless water from the sky. I was hoping for a 3:30 but my last month of training was not 'linear' so very pleased with my time of 03:31:44, and not a single meter walking! I slowed down a little bit the last 3 miles but negotiating the puddles and the water from above did take its toll in the end! And tonight, Kartoffelhaus :)

Niccolò Bassani 03:31:44
Completed stevenage park run in 27mins and 22secs first proper run in 2weeks but still finished 4th in my age category

Completed stevenage park run in 27mins 22secs 4th in my age category

Sunday 29th September

Enfield League / 1 Hour Race Walk
Picketts Lock

Todays wet weather provided nice cool conditions for the annual 1 hour track race at the Picketts Lock track.

I was second in the race in a new PB of 12489m going through 10k in an unofficial PB of 47:44

Dave

Hi,

Helen and I ran the Clifton farm run 5K. It was very wet and windy but a good run nonetheless.

Matt 24:28
Helen 25:20

Matt

Ely Tri Runfest Marathon for me. A lovely, flat, out and back run vaguely following the river Ouse from Ely southwards. Strong headwind all the way out. :white_frowning_face: Strong tailwind all the way back! :relaxed: Finished in 3.51. 4th lady. There were some pretty fit looking runners there today...

Hi Paula,

Today I swam, rode and ran the third and last in the Bedford Tri-crazy triathlon series for 2019. Finished 6th in my age group and 37th overall with a good time of 1:31:05. Wet and windy weather conditions were not conducive to a record time today but added a different aspect to the mind-over-body triathlon challenge.

Andrew.