Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 27th October

Hi,

Please post race reports below. Please don't forget to include your full name and all relevant details. Juicy quotes always welcome, as are pics (email: John.michael.auld@ googlemail.com).

The deadline is 7pm this evening.

Thanks in advance,
John

Re: Press report for week ending 27th October

It was the Love Luton 10k for me today, a gun time of 50:27 is a PB for me too. The course is undulating with a long down hill after 1 mile, the only scenic part was Wardown Park where a dog chased after me after it gave its owner the slip. Really pleased with my result and would recommend this race as was well organised.

I took part in the Bedford Autodrome 10k, first 10k in over 12 months!
Really nice course, flat and it was a well organised run.
Gun time 1:05:41, chip time 1:05:10 which is a PB for me.
Onto the next one!

I went to the Worksop half marathon this morning for a spooky run! Beautiful sunny morning after all the rain of yesterday, and a lovely course through the national trust Clumber park. Got home in 2.01 with not a lot of training, so very pleased considering the hills!

Completed the Bedford auto drone 10k in 55 mins 04 secs on a beautiful sunny day for running

I ran the Bedford Autodrome 10k this morning, the course was very flat but exposed. Finished in 38.39, which was 8th overall and 2nd V40. It was also a PB for me by 42 seconds.

Hi!
We've done the Stort30, 30 miles along the river stort and back. Very muddy but absolutely beautiful. We ran it all but stopped and ate loads at aaaall the check points. Total times

Angeliki: 6h
Jennie Fraser 5:38h
Dan Mallet: 6:16h

Our first ultra marathon without proper training.

My fingers refuse to type and more details. Sorry!

Five squirrels (Lucy O'Connor, Dervla Downing, Ally Blunt, Andrew Coates, and myself) ran the Ricky Road Run 10 mile race today. It was a beautiful sunny and crisp autumn day for it, and despite our fears about the infamously hilly course (with two particularly challenging hills at miles 2 and 8.5) we really enjoyed it. The course itself was a lovely "undulating" route through the villages and countryside in and around Rickmansworth and Chorleywood, with some stunning autumnal colours to enjoy in the glorious sunshine.

For Andrew, this was his first 10-mile race, with a chip time of 1:21:07, and Dervla was happy to achieve a course PB of 1:18:54. Lucy was 2nd FV55, and she was "frankly amazed" with her time of 1:26:09, especially as she was feeling so ill yesterday she thought she might have to pull out. I got a new 10-mile PB of 1:21:17 (in addition to a new parkrun PB of 23:05 at Great Denham yesterday), and Ally also achieved a great time of 1:41:44, despite noting "OMG those hills!" (a sentiment we definitely all agreed with)!

Overall it was a lovely race - challenging, but in a good way! We definitely deserved our medals at the end!

Full NHRR results below (in case they are easier to read in a list!):

Dervla Downing: 1:18:54
Andrew Coates: 1:21:07
Kat Gourd: 1:21:17
Lucy O'Connor: 1:26:09
Allison Blunt: 1:41:44

Will email a photo. Thanks!

Kat

Stort 30. It was 30 miles of Wind in the willows. A beautiful trail route, out and back on a tow path along the River Stort. Running along side canoeists, highland cattle, dog walkers, mountain bikers and strolling couples with the odd canal boat and wood fire! Extremely well organised, fabulously low key, well stocked checkpoints- great for a natter and motivation as you see the same lovely Marshall’s on the way back- AND an ace medal too!

Leeds Abbey Dash 10K

4 squirrels took the long trip up to Leeds city centre today to race in the legendary Leeds Abbey Dash 10K.

This race is well known to be a fast and flat (although not pancake flat) out and back course, attracting many of the country's top runners on the hunt for that elusive end of season PB.

Today's field included quite a few GB international athletes, some of whom had recently competed at the World Championships in Doha.

Having had abysmal weather on Saturday, the running gods shone on the runners, and even a last minute squall of rain didn't dampen what turned out to be a bright, cold morning....perfect running conditions.

This showed in the results as many of us achieved PBs, the results were as follows:

104 Tom Webb 31:55, new PB
114 Andrew Leach 32:04 1st V55, new PB
143 Mark Vaughan 32:40 2nd V45, new PB
2852 Sue Vaughan 55:04, 51 seconds quicker than last time on this course

A special mention must go to Andrew, who missed the all time UK V55 10k record by only 2 seconds - great running Andrew!

All in all, a great day out on a well organised race attracting over 9000 runners.

Thanks to friends and family for their support - we will be back next year!

Snowdonia Marathon

Two squirrels on the results for the marathon Eryri:

15th Rob Harris 2:56:31
1622nd Adam Wilson 5:05:02

Very wet underfoot for this incredibly scenic and hilly (mountainous?) race, with ca.2700ft of vertical gain. Although chilly, rain mostly stayed away for the race itself. Given the location and route, support on the course is sparse but is very vocal and uplifting when it's there.

Was tying my shoelaces as the start gun went, and had to stop to re-tie laces at mile 8. I spent miles 8 to 21 pretty much on my own, with my Garmin and energy gels for company. Managed to pick off a few people who were struggling with the last big climb before luging downhill on a mix of waterlogged grass with some gnarly rocks. Got up, dusted myself off and gingerly picked my way down the rest of the hill. Crossed the finish line slightly slower than I'd hoped, a bit bloody, quite muddy but smiling!

Sorry official results
Angeliki 6h 00min 30sec
Jennie 5h 41m 40sec
Dan 6h 16m 36sec

Very envious of the Snowdonia Marathon runners... I had to settle for Bury St Edmunds. Still a bit sore from last week I found this a bit of a struggle but managed to hang on and finish in 3.51, 1st Lady - but there weren't very many of us...