Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: London Marathon

Dickie, you clearly have too much free time on your hands!!!

Lindsay - Exactly my thoughts!

I so want to hear Dickie singing his carol...... can I request a sing-a-long version is posted on this forum?

Tip for Dickie - you can record onto your mobile and then upload onto here.... then we can vote for different categories and give you marks /10 eg lyrics fitting to melody etc etc
But that's only if you have the time.....

Forget about X Factor. Dickie for Christmas number one!

This could be funny ! Come on Dickie, lets hear you!

I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground (leaving ground)
Will things ever be the same again?
It's the final countdown.

How many wise early-birds will catch the worm, and which shepherds can start washing their marathon socks by night?

And the Three Kings left empty handed:

Wise Men Utd 0-3 AFC Shepherds (AET)

Utd made most of the running in this tense local derby, but failed to get on the score sheet. The Shepherds made a late rally, scoring three times deep into extra time.

Utd fans were unhappy that the game was not settled in 90 mins however, following a controversial disallowed goal in the 88th minute from highly rated veteran striker Roy Statto.

For those who weren't there last night the people who got the club marathon places were Richard Harbon, Nicky Kemp and Sue Foot. Wishing you good luck with the next few months of training, hope you remain injury free and that you enjoy (?) the race in April.

Commiserations to all the other applicants.

With goal line technology that would have been a goal Statto and in this winter wonderland you would be now training for the marathon, the back 3 or 4 it seems didnt get a look in! were they even in the hat?

I think one of the AFC Shepherds scorers also put the ball in their own net, but this went unnoticed by match officials. This may not be strictly against the rules, but some referees may have registered this own-goal under the GFA priciple, which I think stands for "Goal not For but Against".

Roy Keane has lambasted the Wise Men's attempts to get their controversial London Marathon Draw replayed.

The Wise Men appealed to FILMD (Federation International de London Marathon Draws) after their 3 - 0 aggregate defeat by the Shephards on the basis that the winning draw came after a blatant Basra Shephard late entry.

But Ipswich boss Keane said: "They can complain all they want but the Shephards are going to the London Marathon - get over it.

"The Shephards were there for the taking and the Wise Men didn't do it. Same old story."

The Irishman, who made 65 appearances for the Wise Men as a sheep, continued: "If I'd been there in the dressing room after the draw, I wouldn't be talking about the late entry. I'd focus on why the Wise Men didn't . They should've cleared it.

"These are skills and lessons you learn as a schoolboy.

Runners World Article

Merry Xmas Roy.