BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I thought it was good too!

Wassup Ken,

My wife had this book lying around the house for a while and honestly the title and the cover turned me off because I assumed it was going to be a sappy love story. I picked it up one day out of sheer boredom and was hooked from the first chapter on. She is as talented as you say she is. I think I'll check out black coffee since you thought so highly of it.

Glad I'm not the only guy to enjoy this one!

I'll admit this is generally not the type of book I am used to purchasing but read BLACK COFFEE last year at the suggestion of the Book Circle, liked it and said why not. I happy to see that other guys enjoy books on relationships and are not embarrassed to admit it. I wasn't to comfortable with the graphic gay sex depictions with Jorge and Scooter but other than that it was really good.

Way to go GUYS!

Glad to see more men being open minded out the type of novels they read. A good book is a good book no matter who writes it. I am only about half way through this book but if the second half is as good as the first then I'll be happy. I can really indentify with the Juanita character and her problems growing up suffering maltreatment of kids because of skin complexion and a different look. Kids can be incredibly cruel and this author does and excellent job of capturing those feelings of self loathing and identity loss.

Great book!

Re: I thought it was good too!

I thoroughly enjoyed Chocolate Sangria and look forward to reading more by the author!! The characters evoked many emotions and are very memorable! Excellent job!

Re: Chocalate Sangria By Tracy Price-Thompson

Hello Ken, hello all!

Thanks to all of you for reading and supporting Chocolate Sangria! Writing this novel was truly a labor of love, and it was the support and appreciation of readers like each of you who made the novel a national bestseller.

I am so glad to get your feedback and hear your opinions of the novel and the characters. In a literary world that is chock full of wonderful books, I am happy you guys chose to read my work and take the time to respond with your thoughts. Please forgive my delay in posting to the site, I just moved to Hawaii and between the sun, the beach and the boxes, have had very little internet time.

Ken, thank you for being such a wonderful book lover, and I can't wait to send you a copy of my next work, which is entitled, A Woman's Worth. It will be available in late March 2004 and I hope to share it with you and your group. Blessings of peace and balance to each of you, Tracy!

I look forward to the next one!

Thank you Tracy for your comments. Between writing and moving I understand that it must be tough. Book circle members love to see input from authors, especially the ones like you who genuinely care to connect with tier audience. I encourage you to keep writing great stories.

We will always be here to read them.