BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keep writing for us Roslyn!

I can't believe I'm actually writing to the author with this (I'm very impressed Ken). I enjoyed the book and what was best about it was the points of views being mostly from women. Books like this one deal with emotions that are more prevalent in women so it's not important what the guys think. Guys always feel as if they have to be included in everything and that If a lot of women appreciate a book (like this one) and they don't, that they are somehow feeling left out. It's a selfish guy thing. Note to Roslyn: I will get your next book even if guys will relate to it better, Keep writing for us girl!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks for the advice about writing for guys! I have to admit I never had men in mind when I wrote it, I always assumed they just wouldn't be interested! But as Ken said, it does pick up at the end, so I hope you stuck with it! The sequel, Every Bitter Thing Sweet, is more from Rory's point of view, and he's grown up to be a boxer, so you might find that one more exciting!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Although I haven't finished this book yet, it seems to be another story regarding the trials and tribulations of life from the perspective of a single mom. I admit, I'm a slow reader when it comes to these types of novels, but I'm trying desperately to finish it. One bit of advice to Ms. Carrington - add some action scenes so us guys can get more involved in the story! Thanks, and way to go Ken with Blackboston - The African American community here in Boston needs this - finally you are "answering the call"