BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
It may not just be dangerous for the cheaters.

I agree that being a playa is not something to be proud of, but this book may be hurting more than just the hounds out there. I have friends in relationships that are hanging on by a thread and even if both parties are trying to "work it out" a book like this may provide the final blow. What if a man who is not cheating exhibits signature traits of the cheating man and is falsely accused? What if a woman who has been burned before and is already distrustful reads this book and pushes away Mr. Right? I hate to play devils advocate but these things are not always cut and dry.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

First of all, let me say that being a Playa is not something to aspire to. It involves deceit, and that not a Christian way to live your life. Our sisters are the most fantastic females placed on this earth by the Almighty God. There is nothing better!We must respect, cherish, and place these Queens on the level designed for them by God. Any book that exposes the dishonest practices of deceit against our Queens can only help us as a community in the long run. Brothers, stop this silly Playa business, be a man, and find yourself a Black Queen to live your life with. You'll never regret it...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Writing my review of this book left me very conflicted for reasons that I explained in "Ken's Corner"; nevertheless, I suspect many readers won't share my conflict. If you believe that all the secrets to the cheating man should be revealed let me know. If you feel that certain things might be better left to the imagination then also let me know. You may even feel that this book might tend to make women who are involved in trusting, monogamous relationships, more suspicious of their mates who may not even be cheating. Let's discuss it!