BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: From the author!

Hi Lori,

So you know, I didn't write Sorority Sisters. A lot of people think the stories are connected, but they're not.

My 12th novel just came out, however, and that's a romance mixed with humor and adventure, called SAY YOU NEED ME.

When you get to The Sisters of Theta Phi Kappa, let me know what you think!

Kayla

www.kaylaperrin.com

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

hello,

I'm reading your first one, Sorority Sisters. I just started it 2 days ago and I'm half way through it. Another book that I can't put down. I've never joined a sorority and truly regret not going to a school that offered them. I'm really loving your book and can't wait to get the next one. Keep up the good work.

Replying to:

Hi y'all! It's Kayla Perrin, checking in to see what you all are saying about my book. I'm glad you're enjoying it. It's interesting, Adrian, that you thought the ending could have been more earth shattering. I had someone who thought it was too dramatic!

Thanks for reading my work. This book has just hit the Essence list, so I'm pleased. I have a brand new book out right now, a romance with suspense and humor, and it's called SAY YOU NEED ME.

Peace and love,

Kayla

Replying to:

I recently finished the book and I really enjoyed just about everything about it. It was impressive who she started way back in the past and came further into the present so you now what happened between Jessica and that professor. She is a good writer and I would buy more books she wrote but the ending what not as exciting as it should have been. With all that build up I was expecting something a little more earth shattering.

Replying to:

When I first started this book I was getting a little bored with the basic learning about each woman that books like this have to do a lot of because their are so many main characters. Once that was over It started to get pretty good and it brought back a lot memories of school and the girls I hung with. The relationships seemed very realistic and the curiosity was killing me on who was sending those letters. It wasn't Waiting to Exhale but it can hold it's own.

Replying to:

Thank you for joining our discussion. I did enjoy this book and I recommend it to women of all age groups especially if you are members of a sorority. Let me know what you think.