BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rom seemed to flip the script in a hurry

That book of yours is most likely gonna win some kinda prize if it hasn't already. You have serious writing talent. The only thing I was a little put off by was how Romulus went from such a caring, loving, understanding brother, to someone who didn't seem to give a damn about Sanderella once she got pregnant. I was just amazing that he distanced himself like that while claiming to be a good dad. As the book showed, he kinda cared a little by checking up on her without her knowledge but that wasn't even close to acceptable.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Nida!

So glad you enjoyed BLACK COFFEE! I look forward to discussing the details should you have any questions or specific comments. Blessings, Tracy!

Replying to:

Hi Tracy,

I only recently finished your book and thought it was so good. I posted a comment earlier in the month but it's gone now and you hadn't logged on yet and I wanted you to know that girl you can write! Let us know about your next book.

Replying to:

Hello readers!

I hope you are enjoying a sip of smooth BLACK COFFEE and I look forward to your comments and your questions. Thank you for your support, Tracy!

Re: Rom seemed to flip the script in a hurry

Hey Big Will!

Thank you for your thoughts! Yes, Rom did flip the script, didn't he? My intention while writing that portion of the novel was to depict the level of confliction in this otherwise loving and caring man and father. Although he loved his sons, on some baser level he believed by getting Lou pregnant and being "forced" to marry her, he'd hung himself out to dry and was therefore not entitled to a life of love with a woman who respected and cherished him. Thus, Rom viewed Sandie's pregnancy as a reenactment of his early pregnancy=marriage conflict with Lou, and because of the depths of his parental guilt, he was afraid to admit to his sons that he'd been living life just fine without them. I'm glad my intentions, and Rom's love, were also clear to you when he secretly checked on Sandie and her children, although he couldn't bring himself to behave like the man he was supposed to be. He was just tired of being a king. Hitting the ground from the heights of his self-imposed pedestal was really painful. Thanks for posting. Please keep your thoughts coming! Blessings, T.

Replying to:

That book of yours is most likely gonna win some kinda prize if it hasn't already. You have serious writing talent. The only thing I was a little put off by was how Romulus went from such a caring, loving, understanding brother, to someone who didn't seem to give a damn about Sanderella once she got pregnant. I was just amazing that he distanced himself like that while claiming to be a good dad. As the book showed, he kinda cared a little by checking up on her without her knowledge but that wasn't even close to acceptable.

Replying to:

Hi Nida!

So glad you enjoyed BLACK COFFEE! I look forward to discussing the details should you have any questions or specific comments. Blessings, Tracy!

Replying to:

Hi Tracy,

I only recently finished your book and thought it was so good. I posted a comment earlier in the month but it's gone now and you hadn't logged on yet and I wanted you to know that girl you can write! Let us know about your next book.

Replying to:

Hello readers!

I hope you are enjoying a sip of smooth BLACK COFFEE and I look forward to your comments and your questions. Thank you for your support, Tracy!