BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: exercising the demons!

Hello, all.

Wow, what wonderful comments. I especially like the idea of confronting your past in order to determine your future. I think that's a very important storyline in all my books.

It's interesting that when I told some female readers that Rory and Odile were going to get back together in this book, after what happened between them in A Thirst For Rain, they were very upset. One woman told me that she just couldn't see how that could work. But I think that their understanding of what made them who they were and what made them do what they did really helped them to forgive and move forward.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The content of this novel was very different fron the the first one but I feel that there is a common thread to both books. The need for all the characters to confront the things that haunt them and regain control over their destiny is crucial to all of these stories. This is also very important for people to do in everyday life. Understanding your present so that you can predetermine the future is something that Odile and Rory found out the hard way. Great book Blackbostononline!

Replying to:

I am a huge fan of this author because her writing has so much substance. She has clearly mastered the art of storytelling. I enjoyed A Thirst for Rain so much that when I heard there was a sequel I was so happy you wouldn't believe it. READ THIS BOOK! You'll love it.

Replying to:

Hello Book Circle Participants,

Remember how much you loved "A Thirst For Rain" well get ready for a sequel that in my mind was even better. I cannot say enough about this great novel but I want to hear your opinion. Heartfelt, Provocative, and Moving are only some of the words I would use to describe "EVERY BITTER THING SWEET", a book that is just begging to be made a screenplay. Hopefully the author Roslyn Carrington will join our discussion soon. Let's give her something to talk about.