BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Re: EVERY BITTER THING SWEET By Roslyn Carrington

Thanks! Speaking of universality, I always like the fact that I don't make my stories so specific that someone from another culture can't underastand them or doesn't feel them. As a matter of fact, I never think of my characters as representatives of their race or any other group (I HATE that!) I just think of them as people. And that way, people reading me are more likely to see my characters as individuals rather than types.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Dear Ken,

Yes, I loved "A Thirst for Rain." Rory is one of my all time favorite characters in any book and continues to stand out vividly in my mind. In my opinion, Roslyn Carrinton is the best of the Caribbean writers right now, and as good or better than many American writers. Her books are deliciously fun to read and have great universality. She's one of the few writers I will purchase without even reading the reviews. I heard there is another one coming out soon, like in the fall, but it won't be soon enough in my opinion. You have good taste. Judy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello Book Circle Participants,

Remember how much you loved "A Thirst For Rain" well get ready for a sequel that in my mind was even better. I cannot say enough about this great novel but I want to hear your opinion. Heartfelt, Provocative, and Moving are only some of the words I would use to describe "EVERY BITTER THING SWEET", a book that is just begging to be made a screenplay. Hopefully the author Roslyn Carrington will join our discussion soon. Let's give her something to talk about.