BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
wonderful!!!!!!

Hi Ken,

When I saw this book on your upcoming selections I was intrigued and picked it up. I was shocked by the beginning and hooked from the start. Sasha may not be the smartest person when it comes to love decisions but how many of us are. Her weakness around men and the inability to say no is something I go through in my life frequently. I hope I can overcome like she does in the end.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello Book Circle Partcipants,

Let's hear the what you thought about THREESOME. Personally I thought this book was filled with plenty of unexpected twists and turns. It had great characters with lots of depth and a realistic storyline. I know many of you have anticipated this books review so lets hear your comments.

NOTE: I am expecting the author to join in our discussion!

Talent, most def

Threesome is the bomb! I read some of the book circle selections most of the time but I haven't felt the choices the last couple of months. When I saw this one it looked like something I could get into and I was right! This Brenda Thomas has got it going on and I am on her next book what ever she writes. Phoenix reminds me of an ex boyfreind of mine who was also a pro athelete. The all that attitude with the cheating mentality.

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

When I saw this book on your upcoming selections I was intrigued and picked it up. I was shocked by the beginning and hooked from the start. Sasha may not be the smartest person when it comes to love decisions but how many of us are. Her weakness around men and the inability to say no is something I go through in my life frequently. I hope I can overcome like she does in the end.

Replying to:

Let's hear the what you thought about THREESOME. Personally I thought this book was filled with plenty of unexpected twists and turns. It had great characters with lots of depth and a realistic storyline. I know many of you have anticipated this books review so lets hear your comments.

I don't know.......

I really don't know fully why I didn't like THREESOME. Ken is usually right on with his book choices but I could not get into it. I haven't read ken's review yet but I know I didn't appreciate the message this one sent about Black Women. The Sasha character's actions disappointed me so much that I couldn't imagine a woman weak enough to fall into the same scenario after going through a tragic traumatizing event. Black women usually flip the script and get it together after something like that. She (the author) is not a bad writer and she tells a pretty convincing tale but I tuned out when I saw where it was going.

Replying to:

Threesome is the bomb! I read some of the book circle selections most of the time but I haven't felt the choices the last couple of months. When I saw this one it looked like something I could get into and I was right! This Brenda Thomas has got it going on and I am on her next book what ever she writes. Phoenix reminds me of an ex boyfreind of mine who was also a pro athelete. The all that attitude with the cheating mentality.

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to:

Great feedback

Thanks everyone for the great feedback on THREESOME. I usually do not get this many responses so quick but I am grateful. In response to your comment on being undecided on this book, I address your reasons slightly in my review. We do seem to agree that the writing is well done. Thanks for writing and hope to hear from you soon in future months.

Replying to:

I really don't know fully why I didn't like THREESOME. Ken is usually right on with his book choices but I could not get into it. I haven't read ken's review yet but I know I didn't appreciate the message this one sent about Black Women. The Sasha character's actions disappointed me so much that I couldn't imagine a woman weak enough to fall into the same scenario after going through a tragic traumatizing event. Black women usually flip the script and get it together after something like that. She (the author) is not a bad writer and she tells a pretty convincing tale but I tuned out when I saw where it was going.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to:

You think this is a real story?

I was reading something about this author being an assistant to the NBA Star Stephan Marbury. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together and figure that she may have had an affair with him and that it why her imagery is so vivid and realistic. It's seems like more than a coincidence.

Replying to:

Thanks everyone for the great feedback on THREESOME. I usually do not get this many responses so quick but I am grateful. In response to your comment on being undecided on this book, I address your reasons slightly in my review. We do seem to agree that the writing is well done. Thanks for writing and hope to hear from you soon in future months.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to:

Re: I don't know.......

I must agree with you on this one. Very selfish behavior and I guess my question is at what point do you change the behavior. "Time" discrepancies had me flipping backwards trying to figure it out.

It's good

I mean what I say when I tell you that this book is decent. This is actually my first time on Blackbostononline although my wife is constant participant with PERSPECTIVES. I was handed this book after my wife finished it and Threesome brought a boatload of questions from me about what women are really looking for in a man. It isn't obvious to me why the main character, someone who clearly had some class would be interested in someone like Phoenix. Anyway I did enjoy the book.

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to: