BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FEVER by Linda Dominique Grosvenor

Greetings Readers:

I just wanted to pop in and thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement concerning FEVER! I'd like to thank you for your support and for telling your friends about this book. If you get a moment to write a three sentence review on Amazon.com on my behalf I would appreciate that so much.

For those who have read the story I'd also like to ask two questions: 1) which character do you most closely relate to from the story? 2) do you think that Sam had a right to do what he did and if you were in his shoes what would you have done?

read well,

Dom

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello Book Circle Participants,

This months discussion will be on the exciting new novel Fever. As you can tell from my review, I very much enjoyed this book. I would love to hear what you thought so please join the circle this month and post your comments. We may even be hearing responses to your comments from the author.

Your questions

Hi Linda,

Loved your book. The character I most relate to is Troi. I am a strong business woman with an self sufficient attitude when it comes taing care of my family. I am also the glue that holds many of my friends relationships together. In regards to Sam, as horrible as he was being treated by Carla he had absolutely no right to cheat on her. Even though it seemed like a moment of weakness he should have divorced her first.

Replying to:

Greetings Readers:

I just wanted to pop in and thank you all for the wonderful words of encouragement concerning FEVER! I'd like to thank you for your support and for telling your friends about this book. If you get a moment to write a three sentence review on Amazon.com on my behalf I would appreciate that so much.

For those who have read the story I'd also like to ask two questions: 1) which character do you most closely relate to from the story? 2) do you think that Sam had a right to do what he did and if you were in his shoes what would you have done?

read well,

Dom

Replying to:

This months discussion will be on the exciting new novel Fever. As you can tell from my review, I very much enjoyed this book. I would love to hear what you thought so please join the circle this month and post your comments. We may even be hearing responses to your comments from the author.

Re: Your questions

Thanks for your feedback Mary. I'm glad you enjoyed the book and yes she was indeed the glue that held her family together. I find that so many strong black women can relate to FEVER and the character Troi most specifically. Sam on the other hand had his eye outside of his marriage before Carla started "acting up." Some readers feel that he was justified for cheating especially when it was revealed that "she" was being sexually blackmailed for the past few years. Did you sense that there was some underlying sexual tension between Sam and Troi before the situation heated up?

Replying to:

Hi Linda,

Loved your book. The character I most relate to is Troi. I am a strong business woman with an self sufficient attitude when it comes taing care of my family. I am also the glue that holds many of my friends relationships together. In regards to Sam, as horrible as he was being treated by Carla he had absolutely no right to cheat on her. Even though it seemed like a moment of weakness he should have divorced her first.

Replying to:

Greetings Readers:

read well,

Dom

Replying to: