BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle

This monthly book forum is designed to provide an interactive experience for our members. Feel free to express your opinions, ideas, or respond to other members of the circle.

BlackBostonOnline's Book Circle
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FALLIN' OUT by Delia C.

Hello Readers,

I hope your ready to discuss what has become my favorite novel so far this year. It offers a humorous main character, romance, and interesting subplot that grabs readers early and doesn't let go. Well now you know what I think I'm interested in hearing what thought. Post your comments!

Amazing

Hi Ken,

Glad someone finally reviewed this book because I that it was great to read with a very heartwarming ending. Your review was right on when you said that Tara's personality type is something that many people encounter because my best friend IS Tara. All the attitude with the self destructive nature to boot. Shes got issues but I love her anyway great choice!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

I hope your ready to discuss what has become my favorite novel so far this year. It offers a humorous main character, romance, and interesting subplot that grabs readers early and doesn't let go. Well now you know what I think I'm interested in hearing what thought. Post your comments!

Re: Amazing

Greetings to my readers!

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful comments. I truly appreciate them. Feel free to ask me anything since I don't know where to begin.

p.s. There WILL be a sequel.

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Glad someone finally reviewed this book because I that it was great to read with a very heartwarming ending. Your review was right on when you said that Tara's personality type is something that many people encounter because my best friend IS Tara. All the attitude with the self destructive nature to boot. Shes got issues but I love her anyway great choice!

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

Evil Aunt Jesse

Hi Delia, I really liked fallin out because it was so much different from the typical romance novel. My favorite character was Tara's aunt jesse and I wanted to know if she will be back for the sequel. Also does the sequel have a title so I know what to look for?

Replying to:

Greetings to my readers!

Thank you so much for posting your wonderful comments. I truly appreciate them. Feel free to ask me anything since I don't know where to begin.

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

Re: Evil Aunt Jesse

Hi Nida!

Yes, my girl Aunt Jesse will be in the sequel and she will be OFF THE CHAIN - still telling it like it is!!!! The title of the sequel is "After the Fall" however, I will not self-publish again. Therefore, my sequel will come out ONLY if I find a REAL publisher for both books...hopefully soon!

I can not tell you how much my readers mean to me. YOU are the validation that keeps me pushing forward. The publishing world has continued to say "No" while 99% of my readers say: YES!!!

*deep breath*

Okay, here's an excerpt of my synopsis:

AFTER THE FALL - A new bride (TARA) is in danger of losing her husband when she finds herself falling under the influence of jaded girlfriends.

TARA JACKSON is now two years older and one month away from changing her last name to "Goodman." Her December wedding is still on, and will take place in Nevis, a tropical paradise. At the age of thirty-two, Tara has managed to keep her new positive attitude, her wonderful man SHANE, her managerial job, and her challenging friendships in tact. Tara's dizzy girlfriend STACY is still desperately searching for love, but has foolishly resorted to swearing off black men. Pregnant and still bubbly, JILL resigned from Triacom, but has faithfully kept in touch and will be in the wedding "wobbling down the aisle." NICOLE will also be in the wedding, but she can't stand airplanes and Tara's "goofy white friend, Jill."

Owing to Tara's upcoming wedding, new acquaintances have been established. Nicole's buddy TRINA has been admitted into the gang, although she complains about her no-good man too much. YVETTE, Nicole's home-wrecking sidekick tries to fit "in" but Tara warily keeps the hussy at a distance. And finally, Shane's friend SHARIFF has started to come around with his girlfriend ORNELLA, a pain-in-the butt who's obsessed with getting married. Like a parrot, she repeats the same tired line: When will I get my engagement ring? (There will be tough lessons in this novel for women who wait too long for a man to propose)

The only dark cloud surrounding Tara's life is the thought of her mother, MARIE. In the past two years Marie has closed herself up and withdrawn into a shell of secrets. AUNT JESSE drops hints at Tara, but she won't go into detail about the burden her sister carries thanks to TONY...

Okay, that's all for now and my fingers are crossed on finding a real publisher!!!

Ta,Ta, for now!

Delia C.

Replying to:

Hi Delia, I really liked fallin out because it was so much different from the typical romance novel. My favorite character was Tara's aunt jesse and I wanted to know if she will be back for the sequel. Also does the sequel have a title so I know what to look for?

Replying to:

Greetings to my readers!

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

Sounds Fantastic!

Delia,

Your new book sounds exciting. Seems like there is a lot happening in Tara's life. Let's just hope that she doesn't regress into her past destructive habits. Good luck on finding a publisher. With strength of Fallin' Out you should have no problems.

Replying to:

Hi Nida!

Yes, my girl Aunt Jesse will be in the sequel and she will be OFF THE CHAIN - still telling it like it is!!!! The title of the sequel is "After the Fall" however, I will not self-publish again. Therefore, my sequel will come out ONLY if I find a REAL publisher for both books...hopefully soon!

I can not tell you how much my readers mean to me. YOU are the validation that keeps me pushing forward. The publishing world has continued to say "No" while 99% of my readers say: YES!!!

*deep breath*

AFTER THE FALL - A new bride (TARA) is in danger of losing her husband when she finds herself falling under the influence of jaded girlfriends.

TARA JACKSON is now two years older and one month away from changing her last name to "Goodman." Her December wedding is still on, and will take place in Nevis, a tropical paradise. At the age of thirty-two, Tara has managed to keep her new positive attitude, her wonderful man SHANE, her managerial job, and her challenging friendships in tact. Tara's dizzy girlfriend STACY is still desperately searching for love, but has foolishly resorted to swearing off black men. Pregnant and still bubbly, JILL resigned from Triacom, but has faithfully kept in touch and will be in the wedding "wobbling down the aisle." NICOLE will also be in the wedding, but she can't stand airplanes and Tara's "goofy white friend, Jill."

Owing to Tara's upcoming wedding, new acquaintances have been established. Nicole's buddy TRINA has been admitted into the gang, although she complains about her no-good man too much. YVETTE, Nicole's home-wrecking sidekick tries to fit "in" but Tara warily keeps the hussy at a distance. And finally, Shane's friend SHARIFF has started to come around with his girlfriend ORNELLA, a pain-in-the butt who's obsessed with getting married. Like a parrot, she repeats the same tired line: When will I get my engagement ring? (There will be tough lessons in this novel for women who wait too long for a man to propose)

The only dark cloud surrounding Tara's life is the thought of her mother, MARIE. In the past two years Marie has closed herself up and withdrawn into a shell of secrets. AUNT JESSE drops hints at Tara, but she won't go into detail about the burden her sister carries thanks to TONY...

Okay, that's all for now and my fingers are crossed on finding a real publisher!!!

Ta,Ta, for now!

Delia C.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Greetings to my readers!

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

Re: Sounds Fantastic!

Ken, thank you so much for your vote of confidence!

But the publishing world is all about how many books I've sold instead of the quality of the story being told. They also don't "get" Tara. What's interesting is that I started sending out my manuscript before "Coldest Winter Ever" came out. Editors continously rejected my work based on my character who (according to them)is "highly unlikeable and won't sell." Now check out Sister Souljah doing her thing with her protagonist "Winter" who is OFF THE CHAIN!!!!

In any case, I will most certainly keep you updated. You are truly an appreciated and motivating force in my quest to get out there in a bigger way!

Replying to:

Delia,

Your new book sounds exciting. Seems like there is a lot happening in Tara's life. Let's just hope that she doesn't regress into her past destructive habits. Good luck on finding a publisher. With strength of Fallin' Out you should have no problems.

Replying to:

Hi Nida!

*deep breath*

Ta,Ta, for now!

Delia C.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Greetings to my readers!

Replying to:

Hi Ken,

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

This book had be fallin' out with laughter

That Tara is trip! She's got all the maturity of a 16 year old and the cynicism of an old woman. Very good book. I borrowed it from my girlfriend and I enjoyed it. My husband is now reading it and he seems to enjoy. If this author writes something else please let me know.

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

Re: FALLIN' OUT by Delia C.

Hello BlackBoston,

I'm writing this message from Houston, Texas. Although I don't live in Boston, I enjoy reading BlackBostonONline.com, because in my opinion, it is the complete website for African Americans regardless of where you live. The other Black metro sites seem to focus only on "where the party at." That's sad, because as a group, there is so much info we need exposure to, and the web is a great way to do it. Kudos to BBOL, particularly the Book Reviews....Ken you need your own website!!!!!!!

To Delia C, the review is interesting...I trust Ken's opinion, so I'll pick up a copy and pass on the review to my crew.

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

Re: Re: FALLIN' OUT by Delia C.

Greetings Kid!

Thanks so much for your interest! I agree that Ken should have his own website. From what I can see, he's indeed a positive force in the industry...

Okay, now I'm still waiting for some juicy questions about the secrets of my novel! *tapping foot*

Replying to:

Hello BlackBoston,

I'm writing this message from Houston, Texas. Although I don't live in Boston, I enjoy reading BlackBostonONline.com, because in my opinion, it is the complete website for African Americans regardless of where you live. The other Black metro sites seem to focus only on "where the party at." That's sad, because as a group, there is so much info we need exposure to, and the web is a great way to do it. Kudos to BBOL, particularly the Book Reviews....Ken you need your own website!!!!!!!

To Delia C, the review is interesting...I trust Ken's opinion, so I'll pick up a copy and pass on the review to my crew.

Replying to:

Hello Readers,

Re: FALLIN' OUT by Delia C.

Dear Ken:

Thank you for featuring this engaging story. I was truly engrossed by Tara's passage into womanhood. It's about time an author handled this rarely talked about yet very real to life issue. Can't wait for the sequel.

Peace,

Debbie

Replying to:

Hello Readers,