General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
poisen ivy block and cleanser that works!

heres two products I have used with very good results
the past 2 months. the oak and ivy brand tecnu cleanser
you apply the first 2 hours after being exposed.
you can call 1-888-oak-n-ivy for info.
the Enviroderm ivy block you apply 15min. before exposure. call 1800-991-derm for info.
you can buy both at outdoor provison stores.
I use both at the same time and havent had an outbreak
even in heavy poisen ivy.
also Duke University did a study that Globel warming
makes poisen ivey more potent and grow faster.
give em a try!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: poisen ivy block and cleanser that works!

Daniel,

Thanks for that info. As one who suffers miserably from poison ivy, I can appreciate where you're coming from. I've got to believe that the amount of poison ivy where you're digging at must be overwhelming. The woods up here in MD are already thick with the stuff and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Now if someone would invent eye glasses that had a built in dump-detector, that would be something!

Steve

the poisen ivy in the piedmont of NC
is unreal, Ive seen thick hairy main vines the size
of my wrist. the study Duke did is in Duke Forest
research area about 5 miles from where I dump.
these 2 products make dumping possible for me
in the summer.

I think a trained dump dog is something to work on,
if they can smell out drugs why not old cans?
plus you would still have the thrill of the hunt.

Hey Steve ,
One guy I run with thinks my pup could be trained for finding cans , I just dont know though.

What is poison ivy ? LOL....They say there is some kind of poison ivy in Alaska but I never saw any or never heard of anybody getting poison ivy. Can you believe it snowed here today. It didn't lay on ground though. Chris.......

I've used those same products and they do work well.

Mark

Daniel J contact me. I live in Sanford NC!
I've used Tech-Nu for years. Don't leave home without it. Washed up with it yesterday after hauling downfall out of my treelot behind the house. It works!

I stickied this for the summer months, please add any information you have in regards to Poison Ivy prevention. I'll transfer some suggestions to the Poison Plant Page.

Danny

Wow, Im very Honoured this post was deemed so helpfull,
I have used the 2 products I mentioned on my arms, hands, and face. the block 15 min. before I go in the woods and the cleanser as soon as I can get to a sink after I get out of the woods.
I wash them off with a anti bactereal dish soap and havent had a outbreak since using them.
I also change clothes as soon as I get home.
I have had some bad poisen ivy rashes in the past
and using this stuff sure beats itching in the middle of the night.
Now I only have the summer heat and Yellow jackets to stop me from dumping in the summer.
If one of you guys find a Yellow Jacket block that
works please let me Know!

Yahoo just posted on their main page some info on poison ivy. Maybe you'll find something useful there.

POISON IVY PAGE

Steve

Just read an article in the Mpls paper this morning about poison ivy. Seems it is growing stronger, more prevalent, and more allergenic now. It (and other ivies) seem to like the addition of carbon dioxide and global warming. In fact, the article was saying that ivies might keep global warming from getting away from us because they thrive on CO2 (remember, we breate it out and they breath it in and breath out oxygen). So it looks like poison ivy will become a bigger nuisance to dumping-- thank goodness for the blocking products you listed here. They work great.