Return to Website

The Rolling Home Message Board

Welcome to The Rolling Home Message Board. Please do not post messages attacking other persons on this board. Any other messages relating to RVing are welcome, but you must post a valid email address. Objectionable posts will be removed.

The Rolling Home Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: heat pumps : required or nice to have?

Bob, I don't think its a resale issue. You are going to get wholesale if you trade, something more if you sell outright.
We don't have heatpumps and while it would be nice, a little $25 electric heater from Wal-Mart does the trick for us. If the temp gets below freezing, we use the furnaces, if we are boondocked, we have a propane space heater (no electricity used) and if it is just cool (50 or warmer) we use the electric space heater)
The current version of our rig does have heat pumps, but then it costs more too!

Today starts year five for us as fulltimers and its one of those nice to have, but not necessary features that sales folks like to harp on.

Re: Re: heat pumps : required or nice to have?

I know my good friend John would expect me to disagree with him on this point. But we all have priorities. We wouldn't be without heat pumps. Works much better for us than the space heater, which we do carry and use occasionally. We have a 2000 Dutch Star with the Penguin units. Love 'em. I guess it comes down to where you want to spend the money. Some folks like solar panels, some like heat pumps.

Peace,
Rich
from a library in St. Anthony, Newfoundland

Re: Re: heat pumps : required or nice to have?

Ya.
Having a heat pump is required as it perform both function heating and cooling but if you have then it is nice and if you don't have then you definitely required this.
reviews heat pumps