Return to Website

The Rolling Home Message Board

Welcome to The Rolling Home Message Board. Please do not post messages attacking other persons on this board. Any other messages relating to RVing are welcome, but you must post a valid email address. Objectionable posts will be removed.

The Rolling Home Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Heated Tank Compartments?

Hi John,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I have been busy trying to get things sorted out. Sorry to hear that your only connection left to Valley Center is your Fathers grave. My Dad is buried all the way up in Ventura County. Los Gatos area.

Thank you for the encouragement. This has been alot harder for me than expected. None of the new sewer fittings would fit this rig. Had to return them all twice. Then after sanitizing the fresh water system, black water started coming out of the kitchen cold water line! I think it is charcoal from the old water filter. I did not buy a new one, because of the expence and now I am sorry. It has been so much trial and error, yet I am learning alot. Pretty soon I will be able to answer questions for other people!

Thanks again,

SoCalGal

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I lived in Valley Center when I was a kid and part way through High School. Woods Valley wasn't an Rv park when I lived there, but I did buy a lamb for 4H from a guy near where the park is now located. My only connection to Valley Center now is that my father is buried there!

Hang in there, you will figure it all out soon.

John

Replying to:

Hi John (Veach?)

Thank you for your reply. You are probably right. I can't see the vents, but the compartments must be heated automatically when I use the furnace. I would think so at least. Otherwise, wouldn't they post warnings or directions somewhere?!

I will check out that light again. Looks too small to fit a 75 watt bulb, unfortunately. There is a really little bulb in there now, but that may be sufficient for the size of that particular compartment.

Funny you should mention Valley Center. I was just looking at this website: http://www.woodsvalley.com

Looks like a really nice place. Nice people. I will have to drive down there and check it out. How long ago did you live in the area? Were you a fulltimer at the time?

I am parked in the Lake Elsinore area at the moment, while packing up and figuring out all the systems (how and if they work).

I am now on to the sewer and fresh water systems... There is so much to learn and I did not prepare for this ahead of time! Oh well, as frustrating as much of this is proving to be, it is equally satisfying at the end of the day...

Thanks again,

SoCalGal

Lake Elsinore, CA

Replying to:

Well, SoCalgal,

I used to live in Valley Center, just outside of Escondido.

AS far as your bays, it sounds like the light bulb is exactly what it says. When we are in cold weather (not much if we can help it) I put a 75 watt bulb in the water bay to keep it toasty warm. It works great. Our rig also has a couple of vents that blow warm air from the furnaces into the basement. I suspect yours does too.

John

Okeechobee, FL

Replying to:

Hi John & Libby,

I came upon your website through the RV America’s Fulltimers forum and thought you may be able to help me with something.

I just purchased a 1990 34L Pace Arrow. The brochure, (yes it still had the original!) states that the holding tank compartments are heated for extended winter use, yet I can find no info in the manual on how this system works. The only reference I have been able to find, is a sticker in the fresh water tank holding compartment that says, "Turn switch on when entering area with freezing temperatures." The only switch in there (besides the basement light) is connected to a small light bulb fixture inside the water pump housing area. To me, it looks like a convenience light for the water pump, but who knows!

I can not figure out if the compartments are automatically heated (I have seen no vents - just lots of electrical attachments) or if there is something I need to do.

I plan to be on board fulltime and live in a part of Southern California, where it can get below freezing at night.

Any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated. - Complete newbie in SoCal.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Heated Tank Compartments?

More things will go wrong, but it is just part of the RV lifestyle. You have to take it one day at a time and enjoy the lifestyle. Overcome those little glitches and have a great time RVing.

John

Replying to:

Hi John,

Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I have been busy trying to get things sorted out. Sorry to hear that your only connection left to Valley Center is your Fathers grave. My Dad is buried all the way up in Ventura County. Los Gatos area.

Thank you for the encouragement. This has been alot harder for me than expected. None of the new sewer fittings would fit this rig. Had to return them all twice. Then after sanitizing the fresh water system, black water started coming out of the kitchen cold water line! I think it is charcoal from the old water filter. I did not buy a new one, because of the expence and now I am sorry. It has been so much trial and error, yet I am learning alot. Pretty soon I will be able to answer questions for other people!

Thanks again,

SoCalGal

Replying to:

I lived in Valley Center when I was a kid and part way through High School. Woods Valley wasn't an Rv park when I lived there, but I did buy a lamb for 4H from a guy near where the park is now located. My only connection to Valley Center now is that my father is buried there!

Hang in there, you will figure it all out soon.

John

Replying to:

Hi John (Veach?)

Thank you for your reply. You are probably right. I can't see the vents, but the compartments must be heated automatically when I use the furnace. I would think so at least. Otherwise, wouldn't they post warnings or directions somewhere?!

I will check out that light again. Looks too small to fit a 75 watt bulb, unfortunately. There is a really little bulb in there now, but that may be sufficient for the size of that particular compartment.

Funny you should mention Valley Center. I was just looking at this website: http://www.woodsvalley.com

Looks like a really nice place. Nice people. I will have to drive down there and check it out. How long ago did you live in the area? Were you a fulltimer at the time?

I am parked in the Lake Elsinore area at the moment, while packing up and figuring out all the systems (how and if they work).

I am now on to the sewer and fresh water systems... There is so much to learn and I did not prepare for this ahead of time! Oh well, as frustrating as much of this is proving to be, it is equally satisfying at the end of the day...

Thanks again,

SoCalGal

Lake Elsinore, CA

Replying to:

Well, SoCalgal,

I used to live in Valley Center, just outside of Escondido.

AS far as your bays, it sounds like the light bulb is exactly what it says. When we are in cold weather (not much if we can help it) I put a 75 watt bulb in the water bay to keep it toasty warm. It works great. Our rig also has a couple of vents that blow warm air from the furnaces into the basement. I suspect yours does too.

John

Okeechobee, FL

Replying to:

Hi John & Libby,

I came upon your website through the RV America’s Fulltimers forum and thought you may be able to help me with something.

I just purchased a 1990 34L Pace Arrow. The brochure, (yes it still had the original!) states that the holding tank compartments are heated for extended winter use, yet I can find no info in the manual on how this system works. The only reference I have been able to find, is a sticker in the fresh water tank holding compartment that says, "Turn switch on when entering area with freezing temperatures." The only switch in there (besides the basement light) is connected to a small light bulb fixture inside the water pump housing area. To me, it looks like a convenience light for the water pump, but who knows!

I can not figure out if the compartments are automatically heated (I have seen no vents - just lots of electrical attachments) or if there is something I need to do.

I plan to be on board fulltime and live in a part of Southern California, where it can get below freezing at night.

Any help or info on this would be greatly appreciated. - Complete newbie in SoCal.