Return to Website

The Rolling Home Message Board

Welcome to The Rolling Home Message Board. Please do not post messages attacking other persons on this board. Any other messages relating to RVing are welcome, but you must post a valid email address. Objectionable posts will be removed.

The Rolling Home Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
retirement

Billy and I are planning on working one more year and retiring June 2004. I teach math and computer education at the high school level and Billy is the vocational and transportation supervisor for our county school system. We are hoping to spend the winter of 2004-2005 in a warmer climate. I have read that you favor south Florida but we are thinking about southern Arizona or south Texas. Can anyone recommend rv parks in either of these areas. Thanks

Re: retirement

We start year five in our motorhome today. We have spent parts of several winters in either the Rio Grande Valley or the southwest. Both tend to be colder, windier and more dusty than south Florida. On the other hand, we didn't run into any mosquitoes at Quartzsite! All locations have their good and bad points, as long as it doesn't snow, we are happy. Two of our kids and all the grandkids are in FL, so we go there every year anyway. In 05, we will likely winter in the southwest as we intend to return to Alaska that summer and its a long, long way from Okeechobee, FL to Alaska!
We like the west far better than the east, but we like the winter weather in South Florida better than the winter weather in the west. Its just coin toss as to which place we will be in any given year.

The valley in South Texas can be very inexpensive and the Winter Texans are welcomed with open arms.

John