Return to Website

The Rolling Home Message Board

Welcome to The Rolling Home Message Board. Please do not post messages attacking other persons on this board. Any other messages relating to RVing are welcome, but you must post a valid email address. Objectionable posts will be removed.

The Rolling Home Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Power jacks

I was told about your sight from Dave and Sal Stribling. Thay said you might know something about the problems I am having with my Power Gear jacks. I have a Fleetwood 38n class A diesel. The jacks are very touchy. Most of the time the auto feature doesn't work and I end up leveling manually. Are there any suggestions you could give me?

Thank you.
Jeff

Re: Power jacks

Hi, sorry to be so late in replying, I haven't been on the board for some time.
There is a great company in Wisconsin that repairs Power Gear jacks. IF you are out of warranty, contact them. They are very knowledgable and may be able to diagnose your problem over the phone or via email. THe company is C-N-W in Madison. You can find them by doing a quick Google search.
Power Gear jacks are warranted for 24 months, so if you are not out of warranty, go to a dealer.
Low hydraulic fluid can be a culprit in flaky jacks also. Make sure to check your fluid level.

John