RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gan airmens scholarship Account details

Hello Terry,thank you for that..Regards Donna's post on minivan news,I think she got too near to the bone as they removed it from the front page,probably because of the story where the young woman nearly lost her child,due to a difficult birth with no proffesional help and no incubator for the baby.The same family could not afford the flight to Male to the hospital there,couple of hundred dollars,but no social services to help out..Big money hotels,private jets,but none of that money goes to the Adduan people.Plenty of flash up front,but just behind the front row is abject poverty...

Hello boys,,would you believe this--after getting Hsbc to cancel that unauthorised direct debit[£12]I got the next bank statement this morning and would you believe it,,another direct debit to another magazine..this time £18..I went straight down to the nearest Hsbc to check it out..Here goes-both of those direct debits were put on by a person from the Chesterfield area,and both to health and beauty magazines!!.I had an interview with the banks fraud department and I now know the name and adress of the person.They asked me if I wanted the police involved,but I would like the person involved to refund the £30 they took..I have moved the money into another account[Barry Turner is aware]and I will not be giving the new account number out for the above reason ie unauthorised d/ds,so if anyone is sending a donation can they just send it to me,made out to Gan airmens scholarship,to my adress Inver Wreigh,,Thropton,Northumberland NE65 7JD....Now once again-the person from the Chesterfield area,,you can have a few days to refund the money,,cheque/postal order or cash,the alternative is the police and court,and with the overwhelming evidence I would think the magistrates would give you a fine that will make £30 look small-fry..Taking money from charities,exactly the same as stealing the collection box from the local shop,,just about the lowest of the low--sort it out.!!

I sincerely hope this low life is not one of us!!!

Larry, I do`nt think you should give this prat any grace, the fact that he did this in the first place is the measure of the "MAN". He will do it again ,if not to us then to some other poor bugger. I am inscensed . GET THE FRAUD SQUAD ONTO HIM!!!!!
Tony

Larry. The scumbag does not deserve any protection whatsoever. As Tony says, report him, and also name and shame him I say....

Anything further on this, Larry?

Hello all,,all I can tell you ,is that the money has been replaced..I should find out more the next time I deposit some money..I have by the way received a donation from a Royal Navy sailors son,who passed through Gan[11yrs old]by himself on the way to boarding school in England,and never forgot the kindness shown to him by the staff in the blue lagoon,,so if you are the man[in whites]who got him a can of coke,,he sends his thanks...Just one of no doubt a million memories from people who came to,or passed through RAF Gan..Check out my new post regards the museum on Gan...Larry

Hi Larry,I was a man in whites in the Blue lagoon,probably was one of the CPL stewards that managed the reception desk that took care of the young man still nice to hear.