RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

Forum: RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
British military museum on GAN....

Hello boys,,I have received today[16th may]an e-mail from Addu city council,stating that they have passed a motion to build[their words],a British military museum on Gan.They say there is no British military museum in south-east asia,and they want to have it..They asked me to ask you all if you could supply input for the museum.I without presuming too much said we would be delighted to help in anyway we could..I am out there ,with my wife[40th wedding anniversary]at the end of june,and I will get 1st hand info of their expectations regards input..Its an idea that lots of us have put forward recently,and now it seems to have come good,,so can I ask you to start thinking of how and what we could supply..I will update as soon as there is any more contact from Addu..Thank you Larry

Email  
Re: British military museum on GAN....

Great news, Larry. Please keep us informed as to what happens when you are out on Gan. Say hello to the old place for me. Roll on 2013.

Hello boys,,just posted on Tony's site regards museum..Had an e-mail from Addu making first enquiry for exhibits,,what exhibits they want as yet unknown,but they will make contact as the thing progresses..The 'Maldivian hotel'is being turned into the main exhibition centre,with the 'naafi shop' being secondary as well as a refreshment venue/cafe..and!!! would you believe it--they are hoping the RAF will bring some of the aircraft that had landed on Gan,for the main day when the Top-Brass from SE Asia attend..Phil will probably be able to add more after he has spoken to their ambassador....Keep looking in,this could be something special.Search through your memorabilia,see if you can donate anything that would be of interest..Larry

Email  

Update, I have a meeting with the Maldivian High commisioner on 2nd June..... Larry I'll ring you this week-end, sorry I didn't earlier in the week..

The gist is they would like to see what we have in a way of an exhibition, well that's what it sounds like, I'll know more after the 2nd... I'll keep you all posted....

Email  

Added a Group 'RAF Gan Remembered on Face Book...

Email  

If they need custodians for the museum - can Willie and myself volunteer - I have a fridge in my garage that I will gladly donate - it's just a suggestion

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains