Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What do You Think ? Could Well Promote Addu ?

Dear Mr. Small,

I am working at the High Commission of Maldives in London and am currently organising a Maldivian Government-funded exhibition to showcase the history of the RAF in Gan. The exhibition’s opening is scheduled for November this year to conincide with a meeting of regional heads of state at the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation Summit taking place on the Addu Atoll.

As the document I have attached explains, we are appealing to those veterans who have photographs of the major ships and aircrafts that visited, individuals stationed and events which took place there in order to help us trace the history of the RAF base.

Your website seems like a fantastic place for veterans to visit and share their memories of life on Gan; indeed, many of the pictures in your gallery are the sort which we would be interested in displaying. I would be extremely grateful if we would be able to arrange either a meeting at the High Commission or a conversation over the phone to discuss the project and whether you might be able to help us celebrate the history of the RAF base at Gan and the role it plays in the Addu Atoll’s history.

Please let me know when might be a convenient time to either meet or speak with one another. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch. I hope we are able to arrange something and look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Re: What do You Think ? Could Well Promote Addu ?

Hello Phill,,fits in nicely with the requests we are getting from Addu city council..I will assist if needed.as they have asked to meet me when I get out to Gan. Larry

Re: What do You Think ? Could Well Promote Addu ?

That sound good to me, Larry, it may pave the way for getting the RAF stuff still on Gan kept after the Chinese take over.