RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Harry McMenemy

I worked with Harry (geordie) at Stanbridge in 1970/71 had a few drunken times .... got back in touch with him when he was at Fylingdales and was trying to arrange a session up that way ... but unfortunately he passed on before I could meet up with him again ... what a guy .... one of the best ... and what a fantastic turn-out for his funeral .... it's a shame we can't put the clock back for people like Harry

Tony Sirrell
What is your name? Julie McMenemy

Email: juliemc1@hotmail.com

What year/s were you on Gan? N/A

Which section? N/A

Where do you live? (Town/Country) Belfast

How did you find this website?
Word of Mouth then Google Search

Please enter your comments?
Hi

I am the daughter of Harry McMenemy who served in Gan in '72. It's now 16 years since my dad died in 1990, but seems like yesterday. I am getting married in June and he has been on my mind a lot.

In case anyone wasn't aware of what happened after Gan, Harry was married in '75 and I was born in '76 and my brother in '81. We were posted to Cyprus, High Wycombe, Gloucester, Dunfermline, Gibraltar, and finally Whitby. He loved the RAF and his friends he made.

I only knew my dad as my dad, it is so nice to see photo's of a time I wasn't there and see him in so many photo's. Actually, I'm not surprised he was in so many as he was a complete poser and would put me and my mum to shame with the amount of time he spent getting ready and lookng in the mirror!!

Anyway, thank you, it's so nice to see him, especially in a place he thought was amazing. I would really appreciate it if anyone would e-mail me any stories or pictures you might have so I can keep them and also tell his future grand children what a great grandad he would have been.

Thanks again

Julie Mc xxx