RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visit to Gan?

THE RAF's LONELIEST OUTPOST!
I see that some of you have revisited Gan since it has closed to the RAF. Where did you get the litrature? I have returned to the maldives. 1998. I took my wife to Nichatichi Fushi, which was 20 minutes by speedboat from Mali,(owned by the Italians)but still run by the Maldivians. When the locals found out I had been to Gan the same old question did I know such and such. The only person (local) was Sandy Didi, the barman from the 180 club!
I have got the "Illustrated London News" December 26 1970 costing, 3 shillings and it has 4 A3 PAGES of a feature of Gan. Pictures of W/Cdr. Brian Gee the C.O.and Miss Rozelle WRVS. S/Ldr. Mike Hawes the chaplain.
It is discribed in the magazine as "a cross between Devils Island and a holiday camp." WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Visit addu

How about visiting Addu?
have look at www.visitaddu.com

Re: Visit to Gan?

Sounds like a great idea - have a reunion on Gan. will have to start looking for me oggin trogging gear.
I can't wasn't able to make it to the reunions in UK then Gan is nearer to me and would be fine - solo trip or wives ???
Last one at marine bar buys

I am taking bets.

This is not really funny and it doesn't mean to be. But with the change of cimate, etc, I am taking bets on what day in what year, the Maldives wil be no longer!!

But wot's a cimate

"Last one to the Marine Bar buys the drinks"
How's that work then Ron???

What are we youthfull fit people going to do while you knackered old b*****ds drag yourselves, on your zimmers, to the Marine Bar. Send your money ahead then collect your change (if we haven't drunk it) when you finally get there.

Or were you tryin' to trick us??

Even more confused

wot's a cimate
something he did in his trousers

LUCKY JIM - ' that you again Ron? - BUSTED!!!

Your old mate,

This getting busted is making me drink more - so gonna have to up me schedule, and brew more !!!!
any takers ????

Why do all 'Soaks' see any and every event in life as an excuse to hit the bottle, do you think you could have been over trained in your Marine Bar days mate??

Still, ' suppose it's better than reality down under.
Just look on it as medicine Ron.

Your old mate,