Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SASF OLD GIT'S BIRTHDAY

I attended Setchfield's 60th last weekend.His liver is a tribute to the medical profession. Willie Dunlop sent down a crate of Tiger, which was well received and a good day had by all. I left him a jabbering heap surrounded by multiple gifts of bottles of sherbert.

Anyway, thanks Willie. I had to help him out!

Re: SASF OLD GIT'S BIRTHDAY

Hi lads,
Yes I was a bit ****** (off) to have missed Setch's 100th, I hope the telegram from Liz arrived OK!!!!
Hope you all had a good time, that you can remember, anyway, and the the MCU W*** reunion goes well too. Unfortunately I can't make that one either, but we are having a small soiree in Belfast in March, everybody WILL enjoy themselves. Glad the Tiger went down OK. Cheers for now, Willie.

I may look 100 years old due to the riotus life I have lead but infact am only a mere strippling of 60years & 10 days which leaves 4 years & 355 days to retirement. This chuff chart is certainly running & has been for the last few years.
I think this goverment is trying to kill me off early by withholding my £200 heating allowance until next year as I was not 60 by Sept 26. I will thwart their cunning plan by drinking all the alcohol that has been supplied which will stop me freezing up over this coming winter. No body knows what 'binge' drinking is until they have had a session in the Marine Bar. I will keep my end up.
The bus pass is no use to me as there are no bus routes through the village.Great eh!!!!!
I will have to use the free medical prescriptions to keep my blood pressure low because of the above items. So it is not all bad being a wrinkley.
I have started on my anti-freeze programme already by supping a few of Willies Tigers. Many tanks once again young man. Brought back many happy memories of the 'Far'
How long I wonder to another celebration of becoming a 'crinkley'?

Noticed this on the chat page. I did not serve with you in Gan but at Lyneham, my wife and I came round to your house in Corsham just before I got posted to Gan in Feb 74. Unless my brain has totaly gone, from all the binge drinking in the marine bar. This site has brought back many memorys of 30 years ago. I still live in Calne will get the heating allowance for next year or I will have to **** off to Thailand again.

Well Hullo Dusty,

Oh yes I remember it well. Your white Fiat with the rear lighting problem that we found in the boot having ripped your car apart outside the hanger.
How you made a 'snoop' accost a W/O walking on the grass to the Sergeants mess having just reprimanded us for doing the same thing. We stayed & watched to make sure he did it. Bloody great!!!!

Had a superb surprise party organised by my wife & daughter. You may remember my wife but I regret to say she died a few years ago. I have since remarried to a Thai lady who caters to my every whim so I was intrigued by your remark to return to Thailand.

Are you employed or retired? I will be redundant sometime next year in yet another cost cutting exercise. If this airline gets any smaller it will disappear up its own exhaust.

Reply when you have a moment as I would like to hear more. I am over Huntingdon way in Cambs.

My God, you have a good memory, yes I did have a white Fiat, dont remember the police though it is some thing we would do. I got devorced some 14 years ago, still single. I was made redundant some 10 years ago and started out on my own now ther are 6 of us not planning on retirement yet. I had accuired so many air miles going to LA and other places I decided to use them so took off to Thailand for one month on my own, traveled all over. Planning to go back for one month in Jan-Feb.

I am very good at remembering the inane,stupid & rediculous things in life but not the important ones.
I put it down to all the booze consumed over the years especially at Gan & now of course old age.

If I am out of a job at the beginning of the year we might well meet up for a beer in Thailand as we intend to have a long holiday there before the realities of redundancy creep in. I might even stop off at Gan on my way. If not we will meet up for one when you return.

Do you think I could retrain as a 'siggie'?

OK Setch,
Can't resist a reply, as you have mentioned siggies. The first thing an ex SASF has to do to start the retraining as a siggie is first take brain out of wrapper, second, try to consume more than one crate of Tiger without falling over, third, repeat second ad nauseum!! Hope all ex Gannites have a merry Christmas and a Guid New Year, hope to see some of you at the next reunion. Will be watching Corrie with bated breath for the second coming of Confused, is that a star I see in the East? No, it's a flying Tiger bottle. Cheers, Willie.

O.K. Willie I will put it into practice over the festive season to see if i have the apptitude.

Bah Humbug & a very merry Christmas to all & their other halves & hope the New Year is good to you.

Noticed that Willie sent down a crate of tiger.
Was it just one of his empty left-overs ??

Hullo 7 plusses,

I was more than amazed when I received these bottles from Willie who is not only a siggie but a scotsman to boot or should I say scotchman after his festive antics.

I opened the box very carefully in case it was boobie trapped & found 12 unopened bottles of Tiger. I picked myself up & opened a bottle but fearing it may have been poisoned I let Mike Roberts drink it. To my great amazement he was still standing so I drank the remaining bottles. Bloody great!!!!!!!!

I think I'll have a 60th every day so Willie can keep me in crates of tiger. I know I thanked you earlier Willie but once again very many thanks. Yam sing (no, too good for that as must savour every drop).

What do you know, I've been wiped again, are we now living in a POLICE STATE.

Your old mate

PS. 7 plusses is Ron Taylor. BETTA USE YOUR REAL NAME RON, THE MAN WILL WIPE YOU IF YOU DON'T.

Oops - busted

G'day Ron,

Yep, well busted, how the bloody hell are you???

Have you got the vid's sorted for Corry? 50 quid is 50 quid, it'd take a siggie 6 months to drink that

Your old mate,

If you can pull yourself away from all those tigers, and drop me an email I will let you know the dates when I will be in Thailand!! may see you there

Dusty,
Sorry for the delay in answering but have just returned from a week in Sweden on business Lots of coolies there I can tell you. The b**tards are not going to close the department until June/July time although nothing has been said officially so will have to postpone the trips to later this year or early next .Don't have too much to do so a waste of bloody time being here. Management work in mysterious ways there wonders to perform. P*ss up failures in breweries comes to mind. I'll e mail you shortly. Must rush