Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Word Association

Whilst engaging is a bit of Skippy baiting this morning I couln't help noticing the word 'siggie' which came up on more than one occasion.

siggie, although in a different spelling, is a slang word for cigarette. F a g is also a slang name for a cigarette and f a g is an abbreviation of faggot, which brings us back to siggie.
Merely an observation, no need for anyone to kick off.

Your old mate,

Re: Word Association

Dear Confused,
To set the record straight, cigarette is shortened to "ciggie" SASF is shortened to ******* Cheers, Willie

It takes a siggie to shorten 4 letters down to 7.

Need more be said Willie.

Your old mate,

Is this a private argument, or can anyone join in?

C O N F U S E D

Cleary Obnoxious No F****** Use Slagging Every Day

Got to keep the ball rolling eh?

It's called 'BANTER' and anyone can join in.
Without it the site seems to die as in distinct lack of activity unless of course you would like to discuss the weather or some other trivial garbage.

Banter is something ex service bods engage in, don't take it to heart, no one is getting a 'SLAGGING'.

Your old mate,

- Must have hit a nerve mate, just noticed whilst trawling through the guest book, you're an ex siggie also Tony.

Your old mate,

Guilty as charged mate!

Hi Tony,

What year did you leave the mob?

Your old mate,

Did the full 22 yrs, came out in 1992, now working for Avon & Somerset Police south of bristol. Doesn't seem like 12 years since. Time certainly flies when you are enjoying yourself??

Hi Tony,

Do you live in Bristol?

Your old mate,

No mate, live in S. Glos, about 12 miles north of Bristol

There have been so many recent hits on this thread, you can feel the tension, everybody is waiting for the thing to kick off again.

ARE YOU READY FOR IT????

Your old mate,

Looks like we have to put up with this crap for another couple of weeks.
Who was the idiot that invited him to the reunion ???
They may be latent Corrie Street fans who want to meet Mr Ego !!!! INT ZBZ5

Not many people admit to watching Corri but it's amazing how many people want to mix with the stars.

Your old mate,

Well, I drink with some of the cast of 'neighbours' every thursday night. no big deal, nothing to write home about.

You're right Skip, neighbours is buggar all to write home about.
Now Corri, that's in a class of it's own and when it comes to invitations to reunions and the like, we are deffinately 'A' list.

Your old mate,

Suffering from a bad case of hemorrhoids, confused goes to see his doctor. After his examination the physician prescribes suppositories twice a day.
When it comes time to use the first suppository confused is concerned he will do it wrong. So he goes into the bathroom, bends over and looks through his legs into the mirror to line up the target. All of a sudden, his penis starts to stiffen, blocking his view. "Oh, stop it," the young man scolds his organ, "it's only me."

The wonders of the internet, I haven't even got a web cam

Your old mate,

I hope you don't mind me surfing in... was doing a google search to find the definition for "int zbz5" and cam across this thread

I believe it's a morse code abbreviation to do with seaplanes???... can anyone enlighten me!?

Many thanks

You had us all worried there mate - thought "confused" was back to haunt us. In answer to your query - sorry, haven't got a clue

Hang on, yes I have. The INT bit is short for interrogative and the ZBZ bit is the indicator for readability and signal strength - followed by a figure 5 and that is as good as it gets. Used on voice/morse and telegraph circuits - but as far as I am aware - not any more. It was usually accompanied with ZAI and a figure instructing you to commence traffic or whatever. Feel free to ask further questions on this subject - I am a world authority on ACP125 and ACP127 procedure

Yours

Nobby Marconi

ZDS (correction) to my last entry - on a "voice" circuit the equivalent would be "Loud and Clear".
I've enjoyed this little exchange - I've even had the morse key out this morning. Wrist not as flexible any more though and I probably wouldn't be able to receive anything faster than 8 words per minute which was Gerry's standard if I remember.

Didnt want to send any faster as you would'nt be able to keep up !!!! No wonder your wrists have gone, try using real women for sex !!!!!

Steve, cut and paste the following link for Z and Q codes used by the military. Just type in your query.

http://www.kloth.net/

INT ZAP

QSL

ZWJ

ZUJ ZWP1

ZVT