Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nobby Shipperly

Was talking to Nobby only a few months ago but have since lost contact with him. He is a much changed man since our days together getting up to much mischief at Cosford 1973. Married with children.
He doesnt remember many of the things he got up to or so he told me. I suspect brain damage caused by too many fans !!!!!! Hardly drinks at all now. The end of a legend !!!!!

Re: Nobby Shipperly

Ask him - does he still have the chickens !!!!!

What are you after Skippy, cheap eggs???
Still a bloody posbi.

Gerry's statement of my demise is premature. His comments stem from a longstanding jealousy of my being better looking than him! He also indicates that I am an amnesiac, but the date he gives when we were at Cosford was actually 1971. I remember this date well because I spent the whole of the August grant in the detention centre at Innsworth for being out of bounds in the Wraf block. A clue to my sexual prowess at the time was that, when discovered the Wraf was still fully dressed and I was buck-naked. She had just remarked "Oh my mother should see me now" when the door burst open an there was Duty Cpl Rab Porteous (on the same course as me), stood beside him was the Duty Wraf in curlers with her arms folded. I leapt off of the bed and stood in front of them with my pecker pointing straight at the Duty Wraf. I was the fourth airman caught that week and so they gave me 10 days detention - the Wraf got a fine.

Re Nobby's failing memory. If my recollection is correct and I was stationed there at the time. I seem to recall Nobby, the SWO and three plucked chickens all being caught in a rather unsavoury fivesome in the back of a ford cortina. The exact details were never released to protect the image of the service. Nobby you were indeed the best looking, the scariest, the risk-taker, the couldnt give a **** person I have ever known. Do get in touch !!!!!

Actually, harping on about that virgin wraf, I have got a photi of you and I at a fancy dress dance in the Cosford Naafi - looks like we're dressed as the Flintstones (I think you were Wilma). Anyway, skulking in the background is the piece that brought about my downfall - dunno whether this was before or after the event. I'd post it on this site but it has'nt got much to do with Gan, and come to think of it none of this crap does. Anyway agen, whilst I,m about it, do you remember the blonde-haired bint who had a top lip like "Plug" out of the beano, you used to do an hilarious impersonation of her that had me in fits. She took me home to meet her parents and her mum's top lip was sticky-out as well - but she was the best kisser I ever met, provided your head was upside down to hers.
I'm off to Italy tomorrow with Sandra, my daughter and boyfriend and his parents - its their place (Villa) and they are rolling in it so I am doing my best to cultivate the relationship.

See yer

Hi boys been away for 2 weeks to Crete, didnt meet confused there as I am sure he must be a cretan !!!(BOOM BOOM). Anyway Nobby cant recall that female with the overhanging lip !!!! Then again you went out with so many howlers it was hard to keep up !!!!! Love to see that photo of us if possible. I do remember the time at the fancy dress party you told me you were chatting up some really ugly bird.
You were really drunk and I didnt have the heart to tell you that you had been sitting next to a mirror for 2 hours. Hope you will be at the reunion and bring any photos. Regards. Jerry

Hello Gerry, you're obviously aware I've swapped a couple of e-mails with Rod Matheson about the Glasgow reunion and the fact that it coincides with my retirement date. Are you going unaccompanied? If so I will forget to mention it's partners to my wife also, on account of I'm worried what you'll rake up from my past, as she does'nt know too much about it - not the sordid bits anyway.

Good to hear from you Nobby. Nope the wife will not be going to the reunion. Not that she would go even if I asked her. A bunch of old foggies reliving our sordid pasts some 30 odd years ago !!!! Oh by the way I still have your address and phone number so ratting you to the missus is still an option !!!! Looking forward to the reunion as I have managed to miss the last two.
Glasgow is a great city for night life so should be a good laugh. You can then join the ranks of the Saga retirement squad !!!! Gerd.