Comment
Jane Conellan

Anyone know where Jane is now. Used to be a Loady on 10 Sqn 1970-71

Re: Jane Conellan

I found her !!

Where?

The suspense is killing me here Terry! Where did you find her? local bar? graveyard? under the bed? put me out of my misery here mate.

Hello Nobby,,look in the block next to the palm tree,,you know the one!!!! PS pleased to see you are still around..Larry

Nobby, my man. How the devil are you? Glad to see you back on the site.

Hello Wullie,Larry
Never been too far away - always monitoring, hoping to see some interesting subject, like the mysterious Jane Conellan - all we need now is a photi!! I suppose you're all getting excited about next year. I have leave booked for the period, but at the moment probably less that 50/50 to go. If it does happen, it will be a last minute thing and I would have to chance it with a room - still 6 months to go and I haven,t given up

I'm sure there will always be room for a wee one!!!! Metaphorically speaking, of course, I'm only going on what Jerry has told us!!!

I'll have you know that when I was at Hemswell on basic training, I held the record for the most damp towels balanced on the end of a morning erection - 4 in all, and they were'nt hand towels neither. My record stood for 3 weeks until a gentlemen of west indian origin managed 5. I Can just about manage a damp flannel these days.

His name wasn't Ronnie Boyce by any chance? He used to stand next to me in the showers on Gan just to **** me off. A nicer guy you couldn't wish to meet.

willie

My vision of Nobby is always that of him on the table in the Marine Bar stopping the fan with his unusually hard head! Thank goodness for the anaesthetic affect of alcohol eh Nobby !

Don't remember his name, only that he was deformed inthe groin department - although I had the edge on girth

Dave Rose
willie

My vision of Nobby is always that of him on the table in the Marine Bar stopping the fan with his unusually hard head! Thank goodness for the anaesthetic affect of alcohol eh Nobby !

We used to do that in Masirah in '66 down the boat club. Couldn't manage to do it in the NAAFI bar, ceiling too high! We did try, but kept falling off the tables.

Sounds like fan-stopping was RAF-wide. I remember a bloke in the rugby club at Changi in 1968 - very poor technique mind, no finesse, just stuck his head straight into it and somebody caught him before he hit the deck. Hilarious to watch.

Not guilty on that one Nobby, as I was probably either at the Malcolm Club or Helens bar, followed by night shift at Bugis Street!!!!

Another favourite was the dance of the flaming ar£eholes, but you had to rely on your mates to put the flames out with beer, otherwise it was a rather burned backside!!

Another clear indication of my mentality, because stupid stunts like these have always floated my boat and had me in hysterics. I was on a train from Birmingham to Stafford after a football match in the seventies and this loon ran through the carriages with a roll of flaming toilet tissue hanging out of his backside. At the end of the journey I followed him up the stairs with his **** still smouldering. You had to have nutters like this on the unaccompanied tours to lighten the place up and reduce the monotony. There were blokes that could be seen traipsing to the airmens mess for their nightly tea and toast on Gan and I always wondered how they managed to complete a tour without going barmy. Sport was another big outlet of course - I'd have a go at anything to pass the time "everybody outside for volleyball!!" not very good at any of them but stopped us laying in our pits. Visiting the cinema and Marine bar were my other favourite pastimes and oh yeah, work used to rear its ugly head as well.

First time I saw the infamous dance was in the naafi of Raaf Butterworth,sitting with a bunch of Raf Regiment lads.Unfortunately when the regiment lad did his performance!!! his shirt[nylon] caught fire and stuck to his back resulting in him being squirted with several fire extinguishers,followed by a free for all with the said appliances followed by several charges being issued[regiment]followed by several of us having to clean the naffi under threat of something or other.Cannot remember what but what a great night...Larry

I was introduced to the dance of the flaming ar$eholes and the fan stopping while on my first posting abroad to Masirah. Of all my overseas postings, Masirah was my second favourite, next to Gan. Funnily enough, Episkopi was third on my list, even though there were actually wimmin there!!

I reckon you might be happy in prison then Willie - apart from the lack of ale that is. My Masirah experience in 1972 was the longest 9 months of my life, even though I spent most of it in a drunken haze. Still lots of laughs mind, like at Christmas, when the shout in the Naafi went up "lets get some beer from the officer's mess!!" They heard us coming and despatched the weediest, lowest ranking officer through the door with 1 case of beer for about 100 of us. Hoots of derision and then he starts lobbing the beer cans which caused a riot as we fought over 'em. I got my hand on one the same time as a RAF copper and next minute we're rolling about in the sand. He was about 2 metres in height and weighed about 8 stone wringing wet. At one point his ********* were in my mouth and he was thumping the back of my head. WO Taylor was the comms WO at the time and I'm in his office with a Sgt present and he says "you can have it this way (pointing at his WO badge) or you can have it this way and sticks his fist in my face. No comparison for me with Gan, where I signed on for an extra 4 months because I liked it so much

Getting back to the original point, where did you find Jane? I think we should be told!
Masirah for me was a 12 month tour, back in '66, where it was all W/T, only 6 of us plus a Sergeant i/c, we did a 3 watch system for the whole year, when the regulations stated you were only supposed to be on that shift cycle for 6 weeks. I dropped rather a large 8ollock when I forgot to tell ATC that the Tacan had to be switched on for a Brit. overflying on it's way to Muharraq from Khormaksar. Knuckles rapped for that! Had a very enjoyable tour there, practically lived in the Boat Club on my days off, Gan beat Masirah hands down, however, if I could have done another 9 months, I would have done.

I used a professional internet ex military guy, he found Jane in 48 hours. We met last week for the first time in 37 years. !!

Glad the tale had a happy ending, Terry. It must have been great to see someone after all that time. It was the same when we had our original Gan reunion at Odiham, but after a few minutes, it was as though we'd been in contact for ages.

Just to echo Willie's sentiments there Terry. Sorry for hijacking your forum - I'm renowned for it, get carried away with the memories.

Nobby usually gets carried away after 12 pints!!

And I usually got carried away after paying for the 12 pints!!!!!!

Hello Terry,would you look at the previous post regards Iain Mcfee,a lady called Tina is looking for him..Maybe you could e-mail her and tell her how you managed to contact Jane..Larry 69/70

That'll be the first time you've ever bought ONE pint never mind 12!!