Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Action Stations

How do, all you lot out there! just thought I would post a message and check if the site had become stuck!! as there appeared to be no recent movement on the forum board.
I have looked at all the new stuff on site i.e. Photos etc:
Just a thought!! how about a then and now photo call, just to depress us all.
Best wishes to all you POSBies out there
Trev Haycock

Re: Action Stations

Hi Trev.
Nope, we are all still here, just a bit nervous about posting anything I think, in case 'Confused' manages to get in and try and upstage everybody.
For your info, Larry Dodds has a DVD taken about a year ago of the island as it is now, and frankly, not sure that you would want to see it in its present state, what a mess they have made of 'our' island, since we left it to them.

Hello Setch, it was great to meet up with you and your good Memsaab, the other day, and reminisce on 31 years ago. You have not forgot how to chug the Charlies down! As I told you I have been watching this site regualy since January, and was pleased that you were as confused as I am who confused is, did he or she ever serve in Gan?
Does any one out there remember Jack Russell or indeed M Pilot Ken Shardlow alias Alcock and Brown, cant remember who Brown was!

Rod it would be interesting to see what Gan is like some 31 years after I left.

Think the Forum is safe to post to now. Unless 'Confused' reveals his/her e-mail address and requests the password.

Hi Dusty,
Yes it was good to do lunch (as the posers say) & chat at your local hostelary. A lot of water has certainly passed under the bridge in 31 years. We look forward to seeing the grophs taken from the comfort of a Nimrod. They certainly would have been better if you had taken them from a 'Shack'. A real aeroplane don't you know.
I am confused about confused but am not confused if you get my drift.
Reference the 'charlie' quaffing', practice makes perfect & I always strive for perfection. You were not hanging around either & I feel it would have turned into quite a session if we had not had to leave. What time did you leave may I ask?
Hopefully we will do it again especially if you can wangle a trip up here.

Hello Setch and Membsaab,
The photo of Gan taken from the Nimrod!! and one of Dao are in the post, the Gan one is a scanned image from a 35mm slide, so makes a big file and not as good as these new digital things. When I was at Gan we never had a Shack land there, not like the days when one was based there as I understand. I can't remember what time it was when I left the watering hole, about an hour after you but too late to go back to work.I will try and make a trip up your way before too long.
Take care
Dusty

Got the grophs safe & sound & I think WOW is the accepted parlance these days for things that are very good. Very many thanks. I'll e mail you later.

The above message is adressed to Dusty Rhodes. I obviously had a seniors moment. Sorreeeeeeee!