Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keep the site going

Gents, as Taff quite rightly states on Tony's site, serious danger of this one going under if people have been put off by you know who, so dont let him beat us, this is OUR site, created for us, run by one us, and there has been too much hard work put into it to let it die just because of one person. Lets forget him now, I dont think he'll be back, certainly not in his previous guise.
Now, changing the subject. Siggies reunion, Glasgow, March 31th to April 2rd, got a list of about 10 who say they are definitely going to be there, - just a reminder, its at the Hampton Court Hotel Glasgow, so if you have not already done so, can you confirm your attendance to me by email - roderickmatheson@totalise.co.uk,
Cheers, and GET POSTING.

Re: Keep the site going

I agree with you Rod we must keep the site going, hardly anyone seems to come on to the site now let alone making some sort of input. I look at the photo of the Odiham re-union and think where are they all have they forgotten?

I agree, we have to keep this site going, which means I will have to come out of the garage more often.

I definitely agree, this site must be kept going, too much went on on Gan to let it die, as i have said before, sober and minging, it was the best tour ever, the comradeship was second to none, the ******* the best, the people of Addu were so friendly, and now Larry says that our island is in danger of going to the dogs, this site, and Tony's are doing their utmost to keep Gan alive in all our memories, so come on all ex Gannites, lend your support. I thank you.
Willie.

You are right Willie it was the best tour, the time on Gan is never to be forgotten. How can we get all the interest back?

Did I ever mention that i'm famous, having appeared on telly before?...was on Fifteen to one a couple of years ago...do you think this would make an interesting topic for this site?.

Did you win Rod? That should bring everyone back. I don't know what we can do I found the site through an article in the Daily Mail before the Odiham re-union.

I wish we could do something to get Gannites back on this site.If you look at the other services websites there are a lot of people who served on Gan, can we do anything to get them to look at this site? If you look at the lists of people who went to the re-unions you wonder where have they all gone. Any ideas on what to do to get them back?

Don't know what will bring ex Gnnites to the site. As far as I am aware with the most pictures and articles it is the biggest Gan site on the web, but I might be wrong. I am in the process of changing the Photo Galleries to a more user friendly format, which is easier to navigate and view. I will revert back to a non-password message board in December and see how it goes from there. Still after ANYTHING to do with Gan/Hittadu and can only hope that anyone surfing in can provide new material.