Return to Website

RAF Gan Message Board

Welcome To The RAF Gan Message Board

RAF Gan Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
E-Mail,received regards Gan today.

I have today received an e-mail from some german friends who have just come back from Addu[5th time].They tell me that since the factories closed there is no one around,even the Atoll is nearly deserted.Have asked Taff to put a copy on the site for you all to read.The new airport building is also in mothballs. I think the old girl will now fall apart so I am going to go back out end Nov, for a last look.Anybody want a photo of anything special to them get in touch,,Larry. P.S.Rod book me and the wife for Glasgow,,thank you....

Re: E-Mail,received regards Gan today.

Cheers Larry, will do, and i'll have any amountof photos that you can take.
Rod.

Greetings,
Rod will have any photos, since he had his camera pinched.

Larry,
Photos of any part of our island will be much appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing you and your wife in Glasgow, cheers,
Willie.

Sounds grim Larry, can't remember whether I told you on the phone or not, but I'm going back in the beginning of June next year with Bryan Hodgson who was with me out there during 1975. We're going unaccompanied again so that we get the right atmosphere - might even get my KD out again, mine still fits but I'm minus a few rubber buttons on the fly. We'd have gone earlier, but Hodgy is involved with Scarborough football club and can't go until the season finishes and then we want to be back for the start of the world cup. Looking forward to Glasgow at the end of March, Gerry Keenan has booked me and him into a double room - which is a worry, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for single beds. See you then

Larry's article will be posted up later today,

It's now later in the day 5th November in fact.

WHERE IS IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lo Geordie, glad to have any you take of the old girl

cheers mate

Tony

Ron.... Get a life or a good pair of glasses.. It was posted up on the 30th October as specified..Check new additions/items...